I want to create a new case, but i can't make a decision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to create a new case, but i can't make a decision

Hi friends.I want to create a new case.I want to use photoshop, play the best games and take advance of all multimedia activities (Such as HD movies) I have always used nvidia and intel comupters.So i thought that i could create a system based on AMD CPu and ATI graphic card.First i created a system by AMD quad core and ATI 5770 Graphic card And DDR3 ram.But after a friend of mine saw it, he said you want to use WindowsXP ( really i want) and as for me, this systems is better with windows vista.So if i were you, i wouldnt pay so much money for that system to use it with winXP.And also he sad cache is one of the most important thing about cpu s.İntel quad cpus have 12 mb cache but AMD 955 has 6 mb.Also I dont beleive that ATI graphics better than Nvidia 200 series (such as Nvidia GTX260 or 280).So i have worried a little about it.I can't make a decision whether i should buy that system with atı and AMD or not.That system was,

MSI 790FX-GD70 mainboard
    AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2 Ghz CPU
    4 GB Kingston or corsair DDR3 RAM
    1 gb Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5770 HDMI Graphic card
    750 Gb Samsung Spinpoint F1 32 mb cache Hard disk

or i would create a cheaper system like this

Asus M4A79 Deluxe Mainboard
    AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2 Ghz CPU
    4 GB Kingston or corsair DDR2 RAM
    1 gb Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5770 HDMI Graphic card
    750 Gb Samsung Spinpoint F1 32 mb cache Hard disk

So what do you thing about it?Should i create a system based theese components, or should i cancel that and create a Intel and Nvidia based system?

I'm sorry because of my poor english.And thanks for everything already now.

At the moment the Intel systems can give better performance. But they are more expensive in general. So if you have no limit to your budget get an Intel system.

Comment

At the moment the Intel systems can give better performance. But they are more expensive in general. So if you have no limit to your budget get an Intel system.
      Thanks for your advices dear Admin.But That system is the best system which i can create with my money.Unfortunately, i can't spend mre money to create an intel system ...So,

There is two choice about mainboard for me,
      1.MSI 790FX-GD70
      2.Gigabyte GA-MA790FTX-UD5P
      (I have always used gigabyte.And i always trust them.So, i dont know anything about MSI boards.)
      But i can't make a decision between theese two boards.So which one would be better and smart to buy.

And There is same problem for me about RAM.I will buy DDR3 ram.(It may be a 4 GB 1333Mhz kit).But I can't make a dicision which brand of them i should buy for the best performance.I don't know which brand and model are more adaptable than the others with AMD 955 CPU.

It would be so good, if you recommend something about theese situations.Thanks already now.
      Last edited by leche; Dec-28-2009, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Do not waste your time on XP. Use Vista or Win 7 64 bit. Most if not all newer games are optimized for Vista/Win7. Vista/Win7 also has better multimedia support. 4 gigs of ram is on the weak side, I'd go with 8 gigs.

As far as graphics cards go you say you want to play the latest and greatest. Question, what is the native resolution of the monitor you are going to use? If its 1920x1080 you will need way more graphics horsepower than a 5770 will supply. A 5850 or better would be needed. If your monitors native resolution is 1680x1050 or lower or you are willing to play games at lower resolutions than native a 5770 will get you by. LCD's tend to look soft when not running native resolutions so for best image quality its best to run native resolution.

If money is tight I'd get a 4870 1 gig instead of a 5770 because its faster for about the same cost. The only down side is no DX11 support. Not a big deal at this time. Even if you decide to build an Intel system I'd go with a ATI video card because Nvidia has nothing comparable to the 5xxx series cards at this time. If you are going to build an Intel system do not settle for anything less than a i5/i7.

My take on what you will need for a well balanced gaming system without breaking the bank. Having 8 gigs of ram instead of 4 will add approx $100 US dollars to the price. Going from a 5770 to a 5850 will add will add approx $150 US dollars to the price. Since the amount of ram and the graphics card are much more important than the motherboard and even the CPU to some extent if cost is an issue go with something like this.

ASRock M3A770DE Motherboard $60 US (save $100 US)
        Phenom II X3 720 $125 US (save $40 US)
        Neither of the above two changes should noticeably affect gaming performance. Very few games can even fully use a dual core CPU yet a quad core. The MSI 790FX-GD70 and Asus M4A79 Deluxe mainboards are nice but IMO overkill. Your not going to be running Crossfire or extreme overclocking are you?

My 2cents
        Main Box*AMD Ryzen 7 5800X*ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING*G.SKILL 32GB 2X16 D4 3600 TRZ RGB*Geforce GTX 1070Ti*Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 2 TB*Asus DRW-24B3LT*LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH14NS40*Windows 10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Thanks your fast answer.

Ok.I might think about to buy 8 gigs RAMs.But if you gave me an advice about a brand which is more adaptable with AMD rams, it would be better

About Graphic cards: What About 1 gigs of 4890?

The resolution of my monitor is 1280 x 1024 (19" LCD)

About Mainboards : I'm sorry but, i don't know what the IMO killer means .But I don't think that i use crossfire Graphic cards now, but it might be in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by leche View Post
            Thanks for your advices dear Admin.But That system is the best system which i can create with my money.Unfortunately, i can't spend mre money to create an intel system ...So,

There is two choice about mainboard for me,
            1.MSI 790FX-GD70
            2.Gigabyte GA-MA790FTX-UD5P
            (I have always used gigabyte.And i always trust them.So, i dont know anything about MSI boards.)
            But i can't make a decision between theese two boards.So which one would be better and smart to buy.

And There is same problem for me about RAM.I will buy DDR3 ram.(It may be a 4 GB 1333Mhz kit).But I can't make a dicision which brand of them i should buy for the best performance.I don't know which brand and model are more adaptable than the others with AMD 955 CPU.

It would be so good, if you recommend something about theese situations.Thanks already now.
            As I said in my last post why do you want such a high end board?
            MSI makes mostly great boards as does Gigabyte, Asus, ASRock.
            As far as memory goes decide which motherboard you are going to get first and then have a look at that boards ram compatibility chart at their site and see if you can get a decent deal on memory that is on the list. If not stick with normal DDR3 1333 or 1600 modules from Corsair, Crucial, Kingston, Mushkin etc. If you are not going to do serious overclocking there is no need for extreme memory. You will not see a performance difference between brands unless extreme overclocking, then its a crap shoot as to who is best. 4 Gigs of Corsair XMS3 1600 can be had for under $100 US.
            Main Box*AMD Ryzen 7 5800X*ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING*G.SKILL 32GB 2X16 D4 3600 TRZ RGB*Geforce GTX 1070Ti*Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 2 TB*Asus DRW-24B3LT*LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH14NS40*Windows 10 Pro 21H2

Comment

As I said in my last post why do you want such a high end board?
              MSI makes mostly great boards as does Gigabyte, Asus, ASRock.
              As far as memory goes decide which motherboard you are going to get first and then have a look at that boards ram compatibility chart at their site and see if you can get a decent deal on memory that is on the list. If not stick with normal DDR3 1333 or 1600 modules from Corsair, Crucial, Kingston, Mushkin etc. If you are not going to do serious overclocking there is no need for extreme memory. You will not see a performance difference between brands unless extreme overclocking, then its a crap shoot as to who is best. 4 Gigs of Corsair XMS3 1600 can be had for under $100 US.
              Thank you very much for help.I want to buy a high end board because i am not buying a crossfire Card kit or Faster rams due to my material problems.But i might think that upgrade my components in the future.good days.

But I don't know what you think about ATI HD 4890.
              Last edited by leche; Dec-28-2009, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leche View Post
                Thanks your fast answer.

Ok.I might think about to buy 8 gigs RAMs.But if you gave me an advice about a brand which is more adaptable with AMD rams, it would be better

About Graphic cards: What About 1 gigs of 4890?

The resolution of my monitor is 1280 x 1024 (19" LCD)

About Mainboards : I'm sorry but, i don't know what the IMO killer means .But I don't think that i use crossfire Graphic cards now, but it might be in the future.
                On the ram question see my last post. The 4890 is a factory overclocked 4870. If prices were close I'd get the 4890.

If you plan on keeping your current monitor any video card ATI 4850 or higher or Nvidia GTX 260 or higher will game just fine. If and when you jump to 1920x1080 expect to upgrade cards. IMO means "In My opinion".

I will use it again. IMO crossfire and SLI are not really worth it unless you build a multi card system right away. Using it as a upgrade path never seems to work out because a single card that is faster than 2 cards like you already have will be out by the time you want to upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderwrench View Post
                  On the ram question see my last post. The 4890 is a factory overclocked 4870. If prices were close I'd get the 4890.

If you plan on keeping your current monitor any video card ATI 4850 or higher or Nvidia GTX 260 or higher will game just fine. If and when you jump to 1920x1080 expect to upgrade cards. IMO means "In My opinion".

I will use it again. IMO crossfire and SLI are not really worth it unless you build a multi card system right away. Using it as a upgrade path never seems to work out because a single card that is faster than 2 cards like you already have will be out by the time you want to upgrade.
                  Ok dear "wonderwrench".Now i understood what you want to explain, even tough my english is not so good.Thanks for your helps.

Comment

No problem, let us know what you end up getting.

Comment

Look forward to seeing what spec system you put together.

Comment

Working...
                      X