Performance Comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance Comparison

Hey everyone, this site & the forums have been extremely helpful thus far so thank you all!

Just wanted to get your advice for which of these you believe would get better performance for Gaming & some of your reasons why:

SYSTEM 1: HP Pavilion dv6t Series
    O/S: Windows 7
    Processor: Intel Core i3-330M Dual Core processor (2.13GHz, 3MB L2 Cache)
    Memory: 4GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
    Hard Drive: 320GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
    GFX Card: 1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 320M

SYSTEM 2: HP Pavilion dv6z Series
    O/S: Windows 7
    Processor:
    AMD Athlon II Dual-Core Processor for Notebook PCs M320 (2.1GHz, 1MB L2 Cache)

Memory: 4GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
    Hard Drive: 250GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
    GFX Card: 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650

Also if you think there is something critical that should get upgraded on either please let me know.

I woud take the HP Pavilion dv6t as I think the i3 would be a better CPU. Plus you also get a larger drive and DDR3 ram.

Comment

+!+ UPDATED HELP NEEDED +!+

Thank you for the help so far! It's been extremely helpful as I am searching. I now find myself in the dilemma between the below 2 computers:

Again keep up with the great advice, I included the prices I am able to get each for. And if you didn't read the first post, I am of course concerned with gaming.

System 1 - HP Pavilion dv7t series
      Price: $850
      Processor: Intel Core i3-330M Dual Core processor (2.13GHz, 3MB L2 Cache)
      Hard Drive: 500GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
      GFX Card: 1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 320M - For i3, i5 and i7-620QM Processors
      17.3" Screen
      =============================================
      System 2 - HP Pavilion dv6t Quad Edition series
      Price: $977
      Processor: Intel Core i7-720QM Quad Core processor (1.6GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 2.8 GHz
      Hard Drive: 500GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
      GFX Card: 1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 320M - For i7 Processors
      15.6" Screen

Comment

As per the CPU chart the i7 is significantly faster. But we'll probalby only notice the difference on games that can use quad cores.

Comment

Originally posted by passmark View Post
          As per the CPU chart the i7 is significantly faster. But we'll probalby only notice the difference on games that can use quad cores.
          Yeah that is basically what I have understood from reading articles as well. Is it worth the jump in price anyway, or probably not?

EDIT: Someone actually just pointed me to the following laptop which is cheaper @ $800, and seems to have better specs: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834115733

-Are you familiar with ACER, I know they are the 3rd largest in the global market, yet I have never heard of them and am unfamiliar with if they are reliable. (Reliability is a chief concern of course).
          Last edited by Capteone; Mar-04-2010, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Twenty years ago, when I used one last, they were a bit on the cheap and junky side. Don't really know about their current machines.

Comment

Working...
            X