Clear All

• Extremely Poor 5870 Scores and Overall Scores plz help

Hi there, my current spec on my pc is,
    Intel i7 930 @ 4GHZ stable
    Asus Rampage II GENE
    G.Skill Ripjaw 3x2gig 1600
    HiS ATI 5870 1024MB
    2x 1TB Seagate 7200.12 RAID0

The Problem I'm having is my passmark scores are terrible especially on the GFX its 1000 less then what passmark website shows the avg for a 5870 is. I have the latest Catalyst drivers installed and DX10 I really dont understand what the problem could be. The clock is even oc'd using ATI overdrive to 900/1300 but the current values displays strange, shows my GPU clock is 400 and the memory is 1300.

What OS and driver versions are you using? What OS and driver versions are the systems you are comparing yours to using? Do you have all your mobo drivers installed? Is device manager clean, no unknown devices or exclamation points? Most if not all Newer Graphics cards clock down when not under load so its normal to see your clock speeds low.
    Main Box*AMD Ryzen 7 5800X*ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING*G.SKILL 32GB 2X16 D4 3600 TRZ RGB*Geforce GTX 1070Ti*Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 2 TB*Asus DRW-24B3LT*LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH14NS40*Windows 10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Windows 7 64bit Enterprise. The result I'm comparing to is http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html
      You can see this card has 2600 instead of 1600 and I think thats on standard clocks.
      I believe all my motherboard drivers are installed there are no unknown devices/exclamation points.

Comment

The CPU result is good. Nothing wrong here.

The video is a bit low.

You should also have a look at this post, as it covers all the common reasons for poor performance.
        http://www.passmark.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1057

Comment

Working...
        X