Best spinning laptop HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best spinning laptop HD

I can't seem to easily find what I am looking for and am wondering if I can get some advice. I'm looking for the fasest laptop hard drive that is not an expensive SSD. The fastest laptop HD under $100 would be ideal, but I can't seem to find what that would be.
    My laptop is a Dell E5500 and I would like at least 120 GB. Boot performance and application responsiveness are the main things that affect my "experience" as I don't write large files very often.
    Thanks!

There are only a limited number of laptop drives in the $70 - $100 USD range available at any one time. It shouldn't take too long to note down the model numbers available for sale and look up the performance.

Something like Western Digital Scorpio Black WD3200BJKT 320GB 7200 RPM 2.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s, would be a reasonable choice.

But a SSD will give much better boot times & responsiveness.

Comment

The Seagate Momentus XT is the fastest non SSD laptop drive. Review here. The drives have been out almost a month but are out of stock most of the time. The 250 gig version should be in the $110-$120 range.
      Last edited by wonderwrench; Jun-26-2010, 03:23 AM.
      Main Box*AMD Ryzen 7 5800X*ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING*G.SKILL 32GB 2X16 D4 3600 TRZ RGB*Geforce GTX 1070Ti*Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 2 TB*Asus DRW-24B3LT*LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH14NS40*Windows 10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Working...
      X