Dell Precision 690 way too slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell Precision 690 way too slow

I have a Dell Precision 690 with dual 3.2GHz XEON Processors, 4GB ECC Ram running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. When I run the PassMark 64 bit tests I get a score of 383.1, when I check the baseline for this machine it is 3192. the only message I get is that it can't find DirectX 10, I checked and I have DirectX 11. I did upload the results but for got to ID the machine so I think it saved it as a generic PC. any help is appreciated!!

What model Xeons do you have? Or was the old generic Xeons from 5 years back?
    Unless you know the number or name of the baseline file we'll never find it amongst the other 250,000 results.

What machine did you compare it against?
    What video card do you have? Many of these old servers don't have DirectX 10 compatible video cards.

Comment

Processor Information

The 2007 Dell Precision 690 Workstation I have has dual Intel 5060 Dempsey 3.2GHz Dual core Processors with a 1066MHz FSB and 4MB of L2 Cache. I have 4 physical cores and Hyperthreading is enabled so in Task Manager it shows 8 cores. The Video card is a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500. The O/S is Windows 7 Professional 64 bit and is on a Seagate 73GB 15K SAS Drive.

Comment

The GeForce FX 5500 is about 7 years old now. So won't support DirectX 10.

Comment

New card

I am ordering a EVGA GeForce 9500 Gt with 1GB of DDR2 and PCI Express 2.0.

Comment

Working...
          X