Help with Gamings Desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Gamings Desktop

Hello i have been doing some research to build a gamings computer i was hoping somebody could give me some advice.

this is what i am thinking of building.

(CASE) Coolermaster Stacker 830 NVIDIA Edition,
    (GPU) Intel Core i7 930 (4 x 2.8GHz) 8 MB 4.8GT/s,
    (GRAPHICS) 2 x BFG GeForce GTX 280 OC Graphics adapters - 1GB - GDDR3 SDRAM (SLI SETUP),
    (RAM) Corsair 6GB (3x2GB) XMS3 1600MHz - Lifetime Warranty (DDR3), (MOTHERBOARD) Asus P6TD Deluxe V2 ( Intel X58 ) Motherboard,
    (FAN) Zalman (CNPS10X) Ultra Quiet CPU fan,
    (HARD DRIVE) 2 x WD RAPTOR X SATA 150GB UDM 150 GB (300 GB) 10000RPM 16MB (RAID),
    (BLU-RAY DVD) LG Blu-Ray/HD-DVD Reader & Dual Layer DVD±RW Writer, (DVD) ASUS DVD±RW 20x S-ATA DRW-2014L1T BLACK LIGHTSCRIBE (SATA), (SOUNDCARD) Creative X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro 7.1, 4 X USB 2.0 Ports, Internal Card Reader 50-in-1.

could somebody offer me a alternative maybe even cheaper
    thanks in advance

oh and does anyone know a good tv/monitor to go with it

Sid
    Last edited by SoloDolo; Aug-20-2010, 11:58 AM.

OK I'm lost? You want to build a system? you already built it? You need to sell it and get a laptop? Maybe a spam post?
    Main Box*AMD Ryzen 7 5800X*ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING*G.SKILL 32GB 2X16 D4 3600 TRZ RGB*Geforce GTX 1070Ti*Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 2 TB*Asus DRW-24B3LT*LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH14NS40*Windows 10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Re

Sorry my bad that was not part of it but no I am looking to build this machine but i would like to have somebody else advice for any possible better changes i should make.

Comment

Include a SSD.

Comment

I see you edited your original post, thanks.

For future proofing go with a motherboard that has USB3 and SATA3.
          List of boards that support USB3/SATA3. When choosing a motherboard make sure it has the legacy support you need, aka PS2, IDE etc. GTX 280's do not support DX10.1 or DX11. The only way I would recommend using these cards is if you already have them from a previous build and want to save some money. Personally I would never build a SLI or Crossfire system as the performance increase is not as large as it should be. Plus it only works with select games. If you must have SLI two 1 gig GTX 460's would be a good choice.

The 150 gig Raptors are quite old. The newer faster Raptors are way too expensive. WD Black series drives are faster and cheaper than all but the latest Raptors. You can get a 1TB WD Black for under $100.

As Passmark said an SSD will make your new build feel much faster. I have an SSD my self and will never build a new PC without one. An SSD will not do you much as far as gaming goes. Most newer games use compressed files that must be uncompressed when loading the game or level. Because of this the bottle neck becomes the CPU and the game engine it self. Most newer games load levels into RAM and do not continuously access the hard drive during a level.

If you have the money go with a 80 gig or bigger SSD for your boot drive and one or more WD Black drives for games and data as needed. If money is a problem use a WD Black for the boot drive instead of an SSD.

Bill
          Last edited by wonderwrench; Aug-21-2010, 09:17 PM.
          Main Box*AMD Ryzen 7 5800X*ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING*G.SKILL 32GB 2X16 D4 3600 TRZ RGB*Geforce GTX 1070Ti*Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 2 TB*Asus DRW-24B3LT*LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH14NS40*Windows 10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Working...
          X