Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wonderwrench
    replied
    Hey any updates on your system? Hope it running good for you.

Bill

Leave a comment:

• wonderwrench
    replied
    Originally posted by hercules View Post

Is this what i should be getting?
    I did some searching and your results look about right. Have you tried searching for baselines using "Find Same CPU+Video Card" in download baselines?

Leave a comment:

• hercules
    replied

Is this what i should be getting?

Leave a comment:

• hercules
    replied
    Tried a different Mobo...

Seems the Mobo was the issue, so 1638.7

Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD AMD Phenom II X4 965 3415 BL277316

Leave a comment:

• wonderwrench
    replied
    Also did you do a clean install of windows 7 after you changed CPU's? If not windows may be confused. Take a look in device manager under processors.
    Does it list the correct name for all four cores? If not delete all cores and reboot. Your CPU, Memory and CD scores are really low. The memory score being low could be caused by the low CPU performance. What type of CD/DVD are you using for the CD test? Best results are obtained using a pressed DVD.
    A original (pressed) windows Vista or Windows 7 install DVD is what I use and it works well. My HTPC score for comparison.

Bill

Leave a comment:

• David (PassMark)
    replied
    CPU result (among others) is low. Are you running on all cores? Also check the PerformanceTest Edit / Preferences window to see that you are running at least 4 processes.

Leave a comment:

• hercules
    replied
    This is my system.

[CPU]----------[AMD Phenom II BE x4 965 @ 3.4 Ghz]
    [MainBoard]----[ASUS Crosshair II Formula Republic of Gamers Series nForce 780a SLI]
    [Bios]---------[2607] Default sETTINGS
    [GFX]----------[Nvidia 9600GT]-258.96 WHQL
    [RAM]----------[x4 2GB DDR2 PC2-6400 @ 800 Mhz]
    [PSU]----------[Scythe Stronger 700w]
    [Cooling]------[Zalman CNPS9900A-LED]
    [Display]------[Dual 20inch Acer moniters]
    [HDDs]---------[x2 Western Digital]
    [Case]---------[NZXT Hush Black Silent Case]
    [OS]-----------[Windows 7 Ultimate]
    [OC]-----------[Not Overclocked]

This is my screenshot

This is my problem 547.4

HELP! please.

Leave a comment:

• hercules
    replied
    Hi Bill
    Thanks for your reply, and I will take take your advice. mem should be here any minute. I hope I do not need to mess around with voltage, what happend to the good old days when we added mem and it worked?

Im wary of running a new test incase its not a good score but hey got to live a little at times also. Will post back once installed.

Leave a comment:

• wonderwrench
    replied
    All the memory bar this 1 stick has been rma'd to ebuyer.

Crucial 4GB Kit (2x2GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 Memory CL6 1.8V
    Qty: 2 will be fitted tomorrow morning.

Once fitted I will run another test, I just hope to God there is a noticeable improvement.
    So your going to run 8 gigs? Four 2 gig modules? If so keep track of each pair (kit). Mark one kit some how, marker tape etc. Place one pair (kit) in the blue slots and the other kit in the white slots. It is not uncommon to have stability problems running all slots populated at full rated speed. If you have problems. Try manually setting the memory to 666 mhz instead of 800 mhz.

Bill

Leave a comment:

• hercules
    replied
    All the memory bar this 1 stick has been rma'd to ebuyer.

Crucial 4GB Kit (2x2GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 Memory CL6 1.8V
    Qty: 2 will be fitted tomorrow morning.

Once fitted I will run another test, I just hope to God there is a noticeable improvement.

Leave a comment:

• wonderwrench
    replied
    I have it running in dual mode now, dont ask me why but I took out my GPU and then booted on the internal GPU and the 6gb now works, however, I keep getting freezes and also random reboots. I just cant pinpoint the hardware causing it.

I have x3 sticks of this
    http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/partspecs.aspx?imodule=CT25664AA667
    Try running "windows memory" diagnostic test. Go to start and type whats in the above quotes.

Bill

Leave a comment:

• hercules
    replied
    I have it running in dual mode now, dont ask me why but I took out my GPU and then booted on the internal GPU and the 6gb now works, however, I keep getting freezes and also random reboots. I just cant pinpoint the hardware causing it.

I have x3 sticks of this
    http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/partspecs.aspx?imodule=CT25664AA667

Leave a comment:

• wonderwrench
    replied
    Is the memory matching 2 gig modules. Same brand, model, part number?
    If not you most likely will not get dual channel to work. The difference in performance between single and dual channel is little to none on an AMD system. Dual channel is preferred but you will never see the difference.

If you are going to buy new memory get DDR2 800 PC2 6400. If possible get ram that's on the QVL list for your board. I myself try to buy Corsair, Crucial or OCZ memory when possible. All three have good support and consistent quality.

Bill

Leave a comment:

• hercules
    replied
    Hi All,
    OK my system has changed, I now have the 965 phenom, but my mobo will only recognise 2 slots, and its running in single mode not dual mode. 1x2gb in Blue, 1x2gb in the white, " any other combo seems to hang it.

Do I need some better memory do you think?

Last edited by hercules; Sep-08-2010, 05:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• hercules
    replied
    Apparently the freezing issues and possibly the speed issues were due to bent and broken pins on he CPU. new 965 coming tomorrow, ill re post fingers crossed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X