i7 995X benchmark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i7 995X benchmark?

What is that new I7 X 995 at the top of the list? I found no record of it at all on intel's official site...

The marketing name will be Intel Core i7 995x extreme I think.

If you search for this in Google (Sept 2010) you get a few hits. But not from Intel.

My guess is that it is someone with a pre-release engineering sample.

We do from time to time get engineering samples, but we didn't get this one.

Comment

995x

I've heard of the 990X with a 26 multiplier instead of the 25 of the 980, but I've never heard of the 995X which looks to be a 27 multiplier.

Would seem weird to release two similar bins of an unlocked processor in the same quarter.

Is there any other explanation for this cpu id?

PS. love the site, I'm in the industry and I use it daily, top 10 site on my Bmarks.

Comment

Might be an Intel in house CPU.

The exact CPU string (from within the CPU itself) was,
        Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU X 995 @ 3.60GHz

There is a small chance that someone has hacked the model number string and the benchmark results. But I think it is more likely to be a real CPU, even if it isn't available to the public as yet.

Comment

Seems that this CPU benchmark is creating a bit of discussion, and we always like a bit of mystery. So we started looking through our logs to see who might have sent in this result.

Seems the benchmark result came from a user at an IP address in Portland Oregon.

Of course Intel is in Portland as well, but they have their own IP address range, 134.134.x.x. And the number we logged wasn't in that range. So the benchmark probalby wasn't done from within Intel's Portland campus.

It was assigned baseline number 281909 when it got loaded up into our database (this means it was the 281,909th benchmark result in our database). You can use this number to search for the record and download the benchmark basline from inside of the PerformanceTest software (Menu item: Baseline / Install baseline from web ).

The motherboard used for the test was an Intel DX58SO. Which is consistent with it being a engineering sample (Intel often supply their own motherboards with their sample CPUs).

Still no reason to think it is a fake result however.

Comment

But how come I can't find any record of it on any official Intel site? They always announce their pre-released processors ahead of time. We already know the models of the sandy bridge CPUs that are due in a couple months, so why no word on the 995?

I could only find a 990X due in early 2011 that runs at 3.46 ghz.

Comment

Maybe it will be more than a couple of months before it is released? Maybe this is all a viral marketing stunt? Maybe it is CPU model only being supplied to 1 customer (e.g. Apple). Maybe it is purely a chip for internal R&D usage within Intel.

Comment

More couple more web sites are now coming out with reports of this CPU. So it seems it CPU might be real and we got the scoop on it.

Other sites with images and reports are,

http://www.wareground.com/articles/details_of_intel_i7_995x_processor_leaked

http://hw-lab.com/first-details-of-intel-i7-995x-processor.html

Comment

Originally posted by passmark View Post
                  More couple more web sites are now coming out with reports of this CPU. So it seems it CPU is real and we got the scoop on it.

Other sites with images and reports are,

http://www.wareground.com/articles/details_of_intel_i7_995x_processor_leaked

http://hw-lab.com/first-details-of-intel-i7-995x-processor.html

Hi, man
                  I registered this website just because of you.
                  I can see that you are really interested in the Intel i7 995x.
                  But I have to tell you two things.

1. All the sites you quoted are originally translated from a Chinese website which is www.chiphell.com. This website's admin is a stupid person who always likes to submit PSed photos and fabricate fake news. 我相信你懂的! We definitely cannot believe what he posted. He posted tooooo many fake information such as he said he already got the AMD 6970 and the HD 6970 will be 20% faster than GTX 580 on Nov. 20, 2010 and he once said SNB will have a 8-core CPU in Q1 2011 which we already know this is impossible.

2. I am an international student from China and a co-op student currently working for Dell. I can confirm that i7 990x does exist but I never have heard i7 995x. Even one of my friends who's in his co-op term is working for Intel didn't think intel's gonna release a newer model. He told me that he believes i7 990x would be the last 6 cores CPU based on x58 motherboards.

最后说句话,相信那个论坛,你就输了。。。
                  Last edited by i7990x; Jan-05-2011, 08:05 AM.

Comment

To be fake, they would need to have both faked the results we have and faked the CPU-ID info.

You can't just photoshop the results we have from PerformanceTest, they are not easy to fake. You would need a hex editor and some reverse engineering.

Of course this is possible it is all fake, but the more likely explanation is that there are a few engineering samples of a CPU with this name floating around.

Comment

To be fake, they would need to have both faked the results we have and faked the CPU-ID info.

You can't just photoshop the results we have from PerformanceTest, they are not easy to fake. You would need a hex editor and some reverse engineering.

Of course this is possible it is all fake, but the more likely explanation is that there are a few engineering samples of a CPU with this name floating around.
                      Ok, I agree with what you concerned, but may I ask you a question?
                      As we know, i7 990x is much much much more popular/common than i7 995x, even though neither of them are released yet, but why there is not a i7 990x result in your database?
                      Instead, a rumored CPU is in your database for a long time...
                      "i7 990x will be released in Q1 2011" this statement has already been confirmed and it already is common knowledge......
                      Sorry my English is not good enough, hope you can understand what I'm saying.
                      I don't know why your database have i7 995x result, but I still have to say, any source comes from chiphell is NOT easy to trust.

Comment

Another minor tidbit. We had an anonymous report today that Intel was making these x995 chips available via their employee beta program.

Comment

Another minor tidbit. We had an anonymous report today that Intel was making these x995 chips available via their employee beta program.
                          +1 on this.

I have a friend that works part time for Intel and also does server work on MetroFax's internet fax servers. He's so nerdy that I feel awkward around him when it's normally me making people around me feel awkward..

He says he's got a full kit from Intel including a test board and pre-production CPU, both of which he got in December. No idea why Intel isn't retailing it, he says it's a solid system and passed all his testing/qualifications without a hiccup running with the stock cooler.

I'm betting they didn't release it because there's no market for it, not enough competition?

I recall that Tom's Hardware Guide had some pictures of an 80 core air-cooled CPU, and that was like 2008! So to assume that Intel is pulling punches isn't so far fetched?
                          for i in [nerdy]; do nothing(but(drink[99, JLB],beer)); sleep;

Comment

i7 995X

hi guy's i signed up to just let you know this well i had some problems with my i7 980 and i was looking on google for stuff about cpu's then i sawed a website this website and then many other to know more about it and i went to to shop where i get my stuff they know me very well even the head seat and i asked about the i7 995X and if they got any information i got a email next day where they told me in the 1st monsters of that cpu will be released in Q3 2011 and whne they can get it they will directly contact me to so they proved there will be a i7 995X because they told me and those ppl normaly dont say things like that if they arent sure if they werent they wont say that to me

Comment

Working...
                            X