Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i7 620 get low score 2350, compared to 2750 in the list...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i7 620 get low score 2350, compared to 2750 in the list...

I tested my computer on winxp 32 and win7 32 and the i7 620m cpu all get about 2350~2380,
    installed intel hd graphics driver, and many other drivers.
    and the dell latitude e6410's mother board supports HT, multi core, and turbo boost technologies.

I'm wondering why have such a huge performance loss in my system?
    I have read from the site,they say 64 bit and 32 bit version of OS has slightyly difference.

my situation is obviously rather heavier than i'm told.
    have you guys had this cpu tested on 64 OS? and how's the performance?

64 bit will give you much higher CPU scores. Try searching for "Find same CPU" from download baselines. Organize the results by CPU speed then download several 64 bit results that report CPU speeds similar to yours.
    You will be surprised at the difference.
    Main Box*AMD Ryzen 7 5800X*ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING*G.SKILL 32GB 2X16 D4 3600 TRZ RGB*Geforce GTX 1070Ti*Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 2 TB*Asus DRW-24B3LT*LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH14NS40*Windows 10 Pro 21H2

Comment

If you are only looking at the CPU results the 64bit will give you a better result. There is a deeper discussion from 5 years ago when we started looking at 64bit.

Switching from 32bit to 64bit should give you at least the 15% increase required to bring you to average.

Comment

thanks for your advice,wonderwrench,
        I searched same cpu baselines, and pleased to found my cpu score is normal... the problem is caused by os version.

so my hdd is still the same behaviour, hitachi 7k500, the average score of 650 but mine is 570. is it possible to find the same HDD baselines?

Comment

Originally posted by ekBenchmark View Post
          thanks for your advice,wonderwrench,
          I searched same cpu baselines, and pleased to found my cpu score is normal... the problem is caused by os version.

so my hdd is still the same behaviour, hitachi 7k500, the average score of 650 but mine is 570. is it possible to find the same HDD baselines?
          Using the full drive name or ID string may allow you to find it here.
          Main Box*AMD Ryzen 7 5800X*ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING*G.SKILL 32GB 2X16 D4 3600 TRZ RGB*Geforce GTX 1070Ti*Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 2 TB*Asus DRW-24B3LT*LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH14NS40*Windows 10 Pro 21H2

Comment

My hard drive(hts725050a9a364) score is 570 under the system, but the average is 640 on the hard drive benchmark list(this is the top of 2.5 mechanical HDDs).

so i'm looking for a way to find same HDD baselines, what caused the difference? still the OS version problem? I searched the HDD model string but found nothing, apparently the performance test software is searching without HDD models, it focus on hdd and video cards.

Comment

Some of the factors that can influence disk performance are listed in this FAQ.

There is no way in the PerformanceTest software to directly search for a HDD baseline via the model number. I have mode a note of it however, and it is something like might include for the next release.

Comment

Working...
              X