Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you arrive at your listed benchmarks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you arrive at your listed benchmarks?

How do you "automatically" arrive at these benchmarks on various parts as listed on your web-page? Do people who run this software, have their results automatically or by choice uploaded to your servers?

Especially, how do you eliminate the variation in system? I don't see how it could be done accurately by averages alone, since X component would be more likely to be found in a higher end system in the first place, compared to another component, which would skewer the average result.

You asked the same question 2 weeks ago.

Benchmark numbers are collected from our PerformanceTest software. People can optionally upload results. If you want to see how PerformanceTest generates and uploads results I suggest you try using the software.

If you are talking about the overall PassMark rating, then it is the variation between systems that is interesting. If you are talking about individual components like the CPU, then other components like the HDD and video card don't effect the CPU result to any great extent. But this already answered as well in response to a older post you made.

CPU can impact the video card results and HDD results to some extent, but on average across 100s of thousands of machines it works out OK.

Comment

Look, if your going to not answer my question then close the thread, of course I would want to make a new one unless expressly forbidden from asking. In your "answer" you said to try the software, I tried the software, the answer wasn't there. So I asked again, you acted like you didn't even know what I was talking about and closed the thread. (as well as your amnesiac behavior, the "we" business made me feel like I was talking to two different people, which you never did confirm or deny)

So the numbers listed for general benchmark values are just averages of results optionally uploaded by those who use the software? Why the hell did you have me run the software then? How hard would it have been to tell me that? I could have saved time and energy not pointlessly downloading, installing, running, then uninstalling that program.

CPU can impact the video card results and HDD results to some extent, but on average across 100s of thousands of machines it works out OK.
      I am not so sure, certain video cards and HDD would be more likely to be used with certain CPU's then others. Maybe for example, X video card is usually found only in high end systems, even though perhaps its not all that strong itself. So a average over a hundred thousand machines, would still be inaccurately biased by this.
      Last edited by TruePurple; Oct-13-2010, 07:07 PM.

Comment

I am sorry, from our opinion you are just trolling or lazy.

The fact that the numbers were averages was pointed out to you weeks ago, but you were seemingly not interested in reading the linked pages. Then you write half a dozen posts and personal messages about us not being bothered to answer your question. Don't expect other people to help you when you aren't helping yourself.

Comment

Working...
        X