Help For the Newbe - Intel I7-950 performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help For the Newbe - Intel I7-950 performance

Hello My name Is Tim, And I have a few question I just Built a new system, Did A major up grade everthing form the Cpu to the harddrive.
    I have done a clean Install of Win 7 Prem (64-bit) Ran Passmark (Ver 7).
    And Just wanted to check my results with a compareable system out there. the benchmark i got was about 2100.0 so here is the System I built.

An Intel I7-950 Cpu (not Over clocked)
    An Ausu PT6-SE (stock)
    An ATI 4890 (Stock)
    Corsair - 4GB DDR3 (CMXG4GX3M2A1600C9) Model#
    Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm drive

SO Here Is my Question dose this benchmark sound right or did i do somethinr wrong? i figuared with this set up i would be on the highter end not the lowes end.

An overall score of 2100 seems about right to me. Run a full test and then go to "download baselines" and choose "find same CPU+GPU" then hit search. Once the search is complete choose several results where the CPU speed is similar, using 4 gigs of ram and windows 7 64 bit. Check select "baselines for display" then click download. Once complete compare your results to the ones you downloaded.

BTW you will never get results as high as some because many systems are running huge overclocks, using SSD's, Ram drives etc. I turn a 2401 on the rig in my sig at stock speed. Reason my score is as high as it is, I'm using an SSD, 12 gigs of RAM and my video card out performs a 4890. Overclocking my CPU to 3.8 Ghz from 2.8 Ghz nets me a overall score of 2979. The CPU mark goes from 6228 to 8262, memory and 2d performance also improve.

Bill
    Main Box*AMD Ryzen 7 5800X*ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING*G.SKILL 32GB 2X16 D4 3600 TRZ RGB*Geforce GTX 1070Ti*Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 2 TB*Asus DRW-24B3LT*LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH14NS40*Windows 10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Bill.

Comment

Working...
      X