GTX 560 Ti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTX 560 Ti

Hello guys, Im not an expert on this stuff, and Im going to buy a computer this week. I dont know whether spend a bit more on the GTX 560 Ti or stay with the 550 ti. I really want to get high fps on Counter Strike: Source, and also be able to play Black Ops without a problem. Please help ! And if possible, how much fps would I get with each card?

Originally posted by Hoster View Post
    Hello guys, Im not an expert on this stuff, and Im going to buy a computer this week. I dont know whether spend a bit more on the GTX 560 Ti or stay with the 550 ti. I really want to get high fps on Counter Strike: Source, and also be able to play Black Ops without a problem. Please help ! And if possible, how much fps would I get with each card?
    Those two cards are in a different league. The GTX 560 is a power house compared to the GTX 550. Some perspective, a GTX 460 is faster than a GTX 550. If you need to keep the price down I'd get a GTX 460 over a GTX 550 any day. Here is a good review.

Bill
    Main Box*AMD Ryzen 7 5800X*ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING*G.SKILL 32GB 2X16 D4 3600 TRZ RGB*Geforce GTX 1070Ti*Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 2 TB*Asus DRW-24B3LT*LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH14NS40*Windows 10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Probalby also worth noting that Counter Strike is getting pretty old now and expensive HW isn't needed to get good frame rates.

Comment

Originally posted by passmark View Post
        Probalby also worth noting that Counter Strike is getting pretty old now and expensive HW isn't needed to get good frame rates.
        True, The problem I seem to run into with newer GPU's is they tend not be optimized for older versions of directx. So in many cases new card plus old game plays worse than old card with old game. Black ops is a newer game that that uses a older but updated game engine so it may benefit by having a better GPU. The GTX 550 is a poor performer from all angles plus its over priced. It should have been a sub $100 USD card. Anyone that plays games will most likely end up getting new games at some point and the GTX 550 will choke for sure. A GTX 560 costs about $100 US more but should be well worth the added cost. If money is a problem a GTX 460 can be had for $150-$200 and will give much better performance than a GTX 550.

Bill
        Main Box*AMD Ryzen 7 5800X*ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING*G.SKILL 32GB 2X16 D4 3600 TRZ RGB*Geforce GTX 1070Ti*Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 2 TB*Asus DRW-24B3LT*LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH14NS40*Windows 10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Hey, I was looking another card, but Im not sure if it's worth it. I was looking at the Radeon HD 6950 2gb. Is it good? Would I get high fps on black ops? Like how much? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Hoster View Post
            Hey, I was looking another card, but Im not sure if it's worth it. I was looking at the Radeon HD 6950 2gb. Is it good? Would I get high fps on black ops? Like how much? thanks
            An HD 6950 should perform about the same as a GTX 560 give or take. It seems there are no current GPU reviews using black ops at least that I can find. If Black ops is such a big deal I would suggest visiting several sites and forums that pertain to Black ops and find out which cards, ATI or Nvidia play Black ops better.

Bill

Comment

Working...
            X