Is this normal for Graphics cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this normal for Graphics cards?

I am trying to figure out if this is normal. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with an intel i7 2600k sandy bridge Geforce 570 HD. The first baseline is with whatever Direct x is initially installed on windows, the second is with Direct X 11. DX11 drastically decreases performance of my 2d. I wasnt sure if that was normal?

OK so the picture didnt work but here are the results I will just put em in plain text

2D mark

Solid Vectors

Transparent vectors

those are the only two that drop.

Comment

DirectX 11 is included in Windows 7.
      So you don't download separate software to upgrade to DirectX11 if you are using Win7.

So I am not sure what software you installed.

Comment

Oh Silly me. That must mean its one of the Windows 7 automatic updates its doing. I will have to reinstall and then go through each update individually

Comment

Windows 8 will have DirectX11.1 in it.

But as far as I know DirectX11.1 hasn't been made available for Win7 as yet.

We aren't aware of any Win7 patch that would have this impact on the 2D performance. My guess would be that your video card device driver got updated.

Comment

I woulda thought that too but I updated the drivers to the most current version, and still got the good results. Only when I did the windows update thing did it make them bad.

Comment

Working...
            X