Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am number 16 as of this morning

Passmark dude with the sunglasses,

First of all, I greatly appreciate your maintenance/customer support/everything you do for the computer enthusiasts and gamers out there. I am on the third week of my free trial of Performance v7.0, and this past weekend I did something amazing...I made the top 20 list. It took until this morning to update...but I'm on there. Number 16! I can't believe it! My normal Passmark score is between 4500 and 5000, but when I downloaded the baselines of the top systems and examined them closely, I seen their dirty trick. I adjusted accordingly and scored 6366.5. Hopefully you know exactly what I'm talking about. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely happy the system I built with assistance from a buddy is number 16 out of hundreds of thousands and I spent less than $1,300...but I need to talk with you about it. I would prefer to discuss this issue in private, if you can find the time please e-mail me. If you want to talk about it right here in the open, I will respect that as well. Either way, I thank you in advance and I appreciate it. The "trick" is not a hack of any type, or a mod to your software of any kind. I know I look like a fool for blowing the whistle on myself, but I don't care what other people think. I have nothing to prove.

Respectfully,
    Christian

If you referring to using RAM drives to replace traditional CD and HDD, then this is nothing new. While is certainly is a trick, we don't see it as cheating. Our policy has been to not to worry too much about it. RAM drives have legitimate uses in high performance computing. Even if they aren't all that practical for day to day use.

If you wish to contact us, you can find details here,
    http://www.passmark.com/about/contact_us.htm

Comment

Very well then. I will celebrate accordingly. Thank you.

Comment

How about a single-use license for a victory celebration?

Comment

Working...
        X