Radeon 6950 2 GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon 6950 2 GB

Hello, I have an AMD Radeon HD 6950 2 GB at standard clock speeds (800 MHz core, 1250 MHz memory) with the newest Catalyst drivers from Nov. 25. My CPU is an Intel Core i5 750, not overclocked. My 3D Graphics Mark score seems low at around 2500, whereas the numbers in the database seem to run around 3200. Also, it recognizes my card as a 6850 for some reason.

Is there something I'm doing wrong with my settings?

Hmm. It is a bit strange that your card is identified as a 6850, and also performs as a 6850.

What version of PerformanceTest are you running?
    How sure are you that this is really a 6950?

See also this post
    Causes and Solutions for a slow PC

Comment

Hmm, well the exterior looks exactly like the 6950 on the Sapphire website... I looked at all the 6850/6870's, which appear different. It's detected as a 6900 series or Cayman by the Catalyst drivers and any other software I've tried (including GPU-Z and Sandra). Is there anything else I can do to verify it's "really" a 6950?

I'll check out that link you provided as well.
      Last edited by js2k6; Nov-29-2011, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Can you save a baseline file from the "File" menu and E-mail it to us.

There is an internal number we can look at which might help check it is 6950 (in which case it would be a bug in our software)

Comment

After getting the baseline file, we've found there is in fact a bug in our software reporting the 6950 as a 6850, we'll correct this in the next patch release. This bug is also affecting the results in the charts somewhat.

I did some database queries to figure out the actual average score of the 6950 and it came out a little lower at about 3050. Also, the standard deviation over this data set is about 600. Seeing as your score is within a single standard deviation of the average I don't think your card is under performing.

Comment

Hello, google brought me to this thread. and instead of making a new one, i thought I'd just add to this one. I just ran Passmark Performance Test 7 on my computer, and it also recognizes my card as a 6850 even though I really have a 6950 (also 2GB). My score was 2979.4 So im guessing that should be fine.

Comment

Working...
            X