No announcement yet.

1gb vs 2gb video card RAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The CPU actually has a large impact on the 2D performance, as not all 2D video operations are accelerated by the the video card.

The settings in Windows are also important. Turning off the eye candy can speed up the performance.

I had a look at a lot of baselines and the GT630 isn't the best for 2D. The Quadro cards take the top 2 spots. After that is is a bit of a mix.

It is definitely true that not all low end cards do well.

Comment

[QUOTE=David (PassMark)
      I had a look at a lot of baselines and the GT630 isn't the best for 2D. The Quadro cards take the top 2 spots. After that is is a bit of a mix.[/QUOTE]

But Quadro is entirely different animal than GeForce, a lot powerfull and much pricey, Quadro 6000 with 384-bit and 6GB DDR5 could cost you almost $4000, no wonder they take the top spots, what makes me wonder is GT 630 is only $60, but it can easily knock out $500-700 GTX 680 five fold

Comment

BTW Quadro is also nVidia product, so I think they do care about 2D

Comment

so I think they do care about 2D
          It is a very very low priority. There have been dozens of new device driver releases over the last few years. As far as I know none of them talk about 2D performance. Nothing about Direct2D, DirectWrite, etc.. It is always about how they got 5% more 3D performance from game X or game Y.

Comment

Working...
          X