Specific RAMs that vulnerable to row hammer attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specific RAMs that vulnerable to row hammer attack

I've been researching row hammer attack and I'm doing a university project on this, however I need a specific ram that is vulnerable to the row hammer attack to do testing and experimentation. I know that Google Zero have done a test with laptops but have anonymised their results, so I understand if this might be a sensitive topic.

I have tested my own laptop and several colleagues too with the memtest86 tool, but their systems were not vulnerable.

We don't keep a list of bad RAM.

There are some settings in MemTest86 Pro that allow you to change the row hammering method. Some RAM might have a problem with one method but not the others.

HAMMERPAT=0x10101010
    HAMMERMODE=SINGLE

I would think slightly older machines, e.g. 3 to 10 years old are more likely to have the problem. New machines have mitigation measures in the RAM and in some cases the CPU to "fix" the problem. See also http://www.memtest86.com/technical.htm#config

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I am aware of double-sided row hammer and its higher possibility of flipping bits, and should've mentioned that. If anyone's RAM is vulnerable to it, please let me know of the RAM model and I will go out and purchase it

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X