i7-2670QM and 3 different ratings? Need help understanding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i7-2670QM and 3 different ratings? Need help understanding

Hi - looking at a new laptop, and finding one that seems "too good to be true", but offered at Costco, so not exactly fearful. The question is around the processor - the unit I am looking at declares it has an Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM Processor 2.2GHz (Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz)

Here in the CPU benchmark, I see 3 different ratings for the i7-2670QM with quite different rating and ranking, and I am trying to figure out how to know which one would be in the system I am looking at;

Single CPU system list:
    Intel Core i7-2670QM @ 2.20GHz, 6805, 52
    Multi CPU systems list:
    [8-Way] Intel Core i7-2670QM @ 2.20GHz, 1615, 179
    and
    [Dual CPU] Intel Core i7-2670QM @ 2.20GHz, 2979, 152

I have to assume that a Dell laptop is going to be a "single CPU system", but does anyone have any insight as to why there is such a difference reported for the different entries?
    Last edited by mohoelx; Apr-13-2012, 06:35 PM. Reason: spacing out copy/paste rating & rank numbers

There seems to be a several bad baselines for systems that incorrectly reported the number of CPU/Cores for that particular CPU. Usually a configuration issue can cause the system to incorrectly report CPU and cores. For example, sometimes we will see a known single quad core CPU report that it is a 4 CPU system with 1 core per CPU.

I went ahead and removed the inaccurate baselines and the charts should correctly reflect the benchmark results for the i7-2670QM.

Comment

Thanks for the info

That is helpful! Just wondering, after having seen some discussions on the number of samples sometimes accounting for unusually high or low rankings, and assuming this is a 'relatively' new CPU, are there enough samples to consider this a reliable rating? Seems pretty high for a 17" Dell for under $700!

Comment

We have almost 2000 samples for the Intel Core i7-2670QM. Which makes it a popular CPU. So the result should be pretty accurate. For a mobile chip the performance is great. Better than many desktops.

Comment

Working...
        X