Question on your 3D tests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on your 3D tests

Everytime I run your 3D tests, it runs a test for a monitor with a 3840x2160 ... which my monitor can not do!!! Then it takes 60% off my 3D score for not being able to run at that setting. This does not seem right to me at all, your software to detect the users monitor and adjust accordingly in my opinion. Am I missing something here, a setting I should set?? I am a Paid user of your app also. Why your software even checks for this High End resolution is strange, as only VERY High End Monitors have this ability!! My computer is custom built, by me, Very fast machine. Intel i7 6700K @ 47GHz, 32 gig of DDR4 DRAM @3000MHz with a EVGA GeForce GTX 950 2GB SSC card installed. (might update this card later)
    Mike....
    Last edited by OldMike65; Mar-09-2017, 03:08 PM.

The reason is to set a standard for the test. The DX12 tests uses 4K resolution as the standard. If different systems run the test at different resolution then the ratings would harder to compare. For example, Machine A runs the test at 1080p and gets a FPS of 75 FPS. Machine B runs the test at 4K gets a FPS of 40 FPS.

Would you say that Machine A's videocard is faster than Machine B? No, so to get a more comparable figure, we impose a penalty to bring the scores in line with the performance to be expected if it ran at 4K.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard (PassMark) View Post
      The reason is to set a standard for the test. The DX12 tests uses 4K resolution as the standard. If different systems run the test at different resolution then the ratings would harder to compare. For example, Machine A runs the test at 1080p and gets a FPS of 75 FPS. Machine B runs the test at 4K gets a FPS of 40 FPS.

Would you say that Machine A's videocard is faster than Machine B? No, so to get a more comparable figure, we impose a penalty to bring the scores in line with the performance to be expected if it ran at 4K.
      I kinda....understand your point, BUT ....look around very few people have a "monitor" , that supports that high a resolution, unless they are spend a lot of money. I don't think that should be set as "The Standard" in your 3D DX12 tests. Maybe a 2560 x 1600/1440 would be more sensible, I'm not talking about video cards here. The Monitor is the piece of equipment here that is getting 60% of the score taken away!!!!! Not the video card sir. Just does not seem correct to me. Take Care Richard.
      Mike...

Comment

4K resolution and DirectX12 are the future (even 5, 7 & 8K in fact).
        No point building new benchmark for the past. It has to last a few years. Plus higher resolutions provide a better GPU benchmark as they are less dependant on the CPU's performance.

If you don't like it, ignore the result and just run the DX11 test at 1080p.

Comment

Working...
        X