Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question regarding the 6850 benchmark score.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding the 6850 benchmark score.

Hello, I have the Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 1GB version.

According to the benchmarking page this card scores 2749 score. While running the test on default settings I was only capable of achieving something around the 2400 range, with a stable overclock I still was only able to achieve around 2600.

Is there something potentially holding me back? Is the score unaccurate? has anyone else had this finding? I used to have a 5670 and while using the performance test I scored way above the suggested scores.

6850 1GB

8GB DDR3 1333MHz

Q8300 @ 2.86GHz

Win7 Ultimate 64-bit

ASUS P5G41T-M LX Plus

Can anyone potentially shed some light on this matter, or maybe help me achieve the desired performance?

Thanks in advance,

I assume you are in fact looking at the 3DMark value and not the overall score for your PC?

The 3D result depends on the CPU as well as the video card. Also the driver version and driver settings can sometimes have an effect. As can overheating.

The newer the video card the more likely it will be teamed up with a good CPU.

I did a search for you. The average 3DMark result of machines that have a Q8300 CPU and 6850 video is about 2200. So you are above average, for your hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      I assume you are in fact looking at the 3DMark value and not the overall score for your PC?

The 3D result depends on the CPU as well as the video card. Also the driver version and driver settings can sometimes have an effect. As can overheating.

The newer the video card the more likely it will be teamed up with a good CPU.

I did a search for you. The average 3DMark result of machines that have a Q8300 CPU and 6850 video is about 2200. So you are above average, for your hardware.
      Thank you for the very fast response, I wasn't aware that the CPU was bottle necking the card. It's good to know I am above average as far as my CPU/GPU combination is concerned.

I ran both, running the 3D assessment alone I got a score of 2645, I ran the entire benchmarking assessment and these were the results:

PassMark Rating: 2140.8

CPU Mark: 4643.2

2D Graphics Mark: 546.2

3D Graphics Mark: 2547.4 (this seems to be very inconsistent it varies often without change)

Memory Mark: 1749.4

Disk Mark: 779.2

CD Mark: 1301.7

Do you have any possible recommendations to increase my current performance? (without purchasing new components)

Comment

The results already look pretty good, ....for your hardware.
        I don't think you are going to get significant performance gains without spending some $$.

Comment

Working...
        X