HD 7570 to HD 7750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD 7570 to HD 7750

I have a modest income and may soon need a replacement for my HD 7570. I have very little experience with hardware. So I was wandering if my system could handle the 7750. Am I correct in that it also runs from the motherboard power? I don't want to have to buy a new PSU. The 7750 only uses 11 more watts.

PassMark comparison

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/co...&cmp%5B%5D=321

The 7750 is pretty old.
    Why not look at something like the GeForce GTX 1060 or Radeon R9 285 / 380. But you are correct, you need to check your current power supply first (and cooling and space in the case).

Comment

I don't have a lot of extra money, so I'm limited to something that I can get for less than $50 used, from a respectable seller. I bought the computer used for only $160.

I'm mainly into racing sims, and the best ones aren't really graphics intensive anyway. The card I have now already handles them well enough,but I think it may be dying. But I figured I might as well get something slightly better as a replacement if it doesn't cost that much more anyway.

Comment

I finally did the upgrade. The difference in performance is significant. Some games have doubled FPS.

Comment

Working...
        X