X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• passmarkrocks
    replied
    Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
    With the nVidia systems you can pick which card to use in the device driver.
    http://www.passmark.com/support/perf...ia_optimus.htm

I assume it is the same with the Radeon solution, but don't know for sure.

I also know some manufacturers used the PC's power state to determine which video card to use. e.g. always using the integrated low power chipset when on battery power. (e.g. HP's fixed mode switchable graphics)
    thanks for the replies.

Leave a comment:

• David (PassMark)
    replied
    With the nVidia systems you can pick which card to use in the device driver.
    http://www.passmark.com/support/perf...ia_optimus.htm

I assume it is the same with the Radeon solution, but don't know for sure.

I also know some manufacturers used the PC's power state to determine which video card to use. e.g. always using the integrated low power chipset when on battery power. (e.g. HP's fixed mode switchable graphics)

Leave a comment:

• passmarkrocks
    replied
    Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
    Yes, I would have imagined that the dual card setup would be similar to the single card.
    The dual card setups don't always work right however. So some of the samples might not be configured very well. I think that the 'other website' didn't actually benchmark this configuration. They just guessed what the performance should be like based on the specs.
    i see, thanks.

but if they don't work well together, can't the user just manually unplug the 7670m portion of the dual card? or laptops don't work that way?

Leave a comment:

• David (PassMark)
    replied
    Yes, I would have imagined that the dual card setup would be similar to the single card.
    The dual card setups don't always work right however. So some of the samples might not be configured very well. I think that the 'other website' didn't actually benchmark this configuration. They just guessed what the performance should be like based on the specs.

Leave a comment:

• passmarkrocks
    started a topic Something isn't ight...

Something isn't ight...

this didn't look right so i checked out another website, as you can see, the dual is clearly better than the other one.

Working...
X