Sandisk Extreme SSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandisk Extreme SSD

There's 3 Sandisk Extreme SSD (P/No. SDSSDX - XXX) on the benchmarks.

2 of them are for the 240GB model - should only be 1

You only have the 480 and 240GB models. There's no data for the 120GB (the one I've got).

Price checks today at Newegg are:

480GB $359.99
    240GB $189.99
    120GB $109.99

I don't think it is that simple.

It looks like there are multiple versions of each drive. For example we have seen model numbers SDSSDX-480G-Q25 and SDSSDX-480G-G25. Some drives also identify themselves as SDSSDX-480G-GG25 as well. While I suspect the differences are probably minor (e.g. different firmware or minor hardware revisions) I wouldn't really want to combine all the variants together without some understanding of if they are really significantly different or not.

Comment

Sandisk: http://www.sandisk.com/products/ssd/sata/

list (all?) their current SSD's. If you click on any of them they will show their 'item no.'
      There's only 3 SDSSDX (Extreme) item no's. - 60, 120, 240 and 480GB. My receipt from PCCG for my 120GB is a G25 suffix part no. Maybe you've got a 'typo' - a G looks a bit like a Q.
      I'm not sure how you obtain info on the product part number. Windows 7 doesn't show mine. The driver for mine is common to the other Extreme models.
      Last edited by i7Baby; Nov-15-2012, 11:46 AM.

Comment

We read the part number from the hard driver itself. This is the number that the manufacturer programs into the drive.

Do some searching on Google, you see there are more model numbers that what Sandisk currently list on their site.

Comment

OK at least I can add price info - I gather from Newegg ($US) is where you usually get it.

480GB - SDSSDX-480G-G25 - $359.99

240GB - SDSSDX-240G-G25 - $189.99

Comment

Working...
          X