Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Videocard benchmark chart doesn't discriminate between desktop and laptop cards.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Videocard benchmark chart doesn't discriminate between desktop and laptop cards.

Passmark shows a "high end videocards" chart, but doesn't discriminate between desktop and laptop cards. I've got a Dell M7720 with "Quadro P5000 Mobile" laptop videocard, but it seems to get grouped with the desktop "Quadro P5000" videocard (and my data ignored as anomalous, staying off the chart), which draws almost twice the power (180W max vs 100W max) and is apparently much faster. I'd prefer to benchmark only with other laptop cards, particularly other "P5000 Mobile" cards, to be sure I'm running properly. Is there a way to filter between desktops and laptops in the Passmark videocard chart?

There generally ins't a way to distinguish between mobile and desktop GPUs unless they are named differently, or in the case of many AMD ones have a different hardware ID which we can then match to a lookup table. There isn't a way to filter the graphics cards results base on mobile/desktop GPU via the online charts, there is a "Laptops only" option when searching for baselines through PerformanceTest which can help restrict the searches (but this isn't a foolproof method and many laptops are not marked).

It looks like Nvidia have not changed the name of the mobile version of this card, which is a shame as in the past they have been pretty good at giving cards reasonable names via the device drivers. There may be a way to differentiate it based on hardware IDs but we aren't currently doing that for Nvidia cards.
    Last edited by Tim (PassMark); Aug-10-2017, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X