Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Graphics card upgrade for my Alienware ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics card upgrade for my Alienware ??

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help as although I'm big into the gaming the technical side is confusing for me. I have an Alienware m17x that's a few years old now and I was looking to upgrade the graphics card. It currently has a AMD Radeon 6990m, does anyone have any recommendations of what I should go for to see a significant upgrade? Are all laptop graphics cards compatible and how easy is it for me to install myself? I wasn't hoping to spend more than £200 ish max ideally.

Thanks!

Hmp123.

It seems most of the Alienware laptops are designed in order to be upgradable so you should be able to replace the graphics card in it.

Are all laptop graphics cards compatible and how easy is it for me to install myself?
    Not necessarily, there will be power and heat removal requirements that will need to be considered. If the new card uses more power you may need a higher powered charger.

There are a number of posts in the Alienware forum that deal with similair situations, what you should first do is try to find a list of supported/tested cards for your particular model. You should be able to find a user guide for your model which might list the steps required to replace the graphics card so you can see how much work it is going to be.

Comment

Working...
    X