New Max-Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Max-Q

I'm rather perplexed by these (2) GTX 1060 3D MARK Scores (and I've read your 'why slow cpu-gpu score' advise)

PC-Mini Core i3 4370 - GTX 1060 3GB = 4433 3D MARK SCORE (GPU Benchmark list says 8837)
    Laptop Core i5 7300HQ - GTX 1060 6GB MAX-Q = 2148 3D MARK SCORE (GPU Benchmark list says 6054)

The Max-Q version has been tested approx. 13% slower than the standard 1060 6GB 3D MARK Score. of 8800

I know the drivers need an upgrade by Dell but I get high FPS on both machines and can't explain scores less than 1/2 the posted benchmark score avg.

Both CPU scores are within an acceptable range of CPU AVG.

Oh, by the way, thanks for creating such a great swiss army knife of benchmark utilities, I love it.

Douglas
    Lock & Dam #24 Mississippi river

Are the benchmarks low across all of the 3D tests, or does it just crater in one of them?
    Given this appears to be a desktop GPU stuck inside a laptop, are you sure you aren't seeing thermal throttling?

Comment

Finally, an updated Max-Q Nvidia driver today and the GPU benchmark score shot right back where it should be about 7500.

Sorry to bother you but how can a new driver make a 330% difference?

Douglas

Comment

how can a new driver make a 330% difference?
        It is super easy to write buggy slow software.

Comment

Working...
        X