• Show
Clear All

• IIAMA refresh 144HZ - but one time booted with lower value

Hello.
    My pc:
    *Asus Z170-P with 6700K cpu

*Corsair 750 RM

*Gtx 1080 Ti Founder Edition

*Monitor Red Eagle IIyama 24' 1080p 144hz plugged by display port cable to GFX.

Few days ago i get power outage. Power outage was because fuse was tripped because of kitchen which was turned on in other room.

When i run pc first time on first boot ( after power outage ) refresh was normal at start 144hz.
    When i manually turn off computer and turn on again,and on my second boot it happened. Refresh was lower than 144hz. To make again 144hz i turned off monitor and turn back on again.

So that was bug or that power outage related?

But i like i said on my first pc run ( boot ) after power outage refresh was 144hz fine. It happened just after i normally shutdown my pc and booted pc second time.

Maybe coincidence and i am worrying for nothing,hehe ?

So conclusion: It happened not just after ( not on pc first power on ) power outage.
    But on second time ( second turn ) when i boot to Windows 10.

PS: I tried to reproduce only 3 times by cutting power to pc and powering on and booting again, but 144hz on start. Not able to reproduce.

Maybe coincidence and i am worrying for nothing?

I suspect co-incidence.

My monitors often sync at the wrong resolution. Turning them off and on usually fixes them. There seems to be some low level timing issues in the Display Port protocol in my case. This probably isn't your problem, but shows that similar problems must be moderately common (without being due to a power outage)

Comment

Yes i had power outage. All was fine ,until my second boot ( turning on pc ) after power outage. On first turning on pc , boot after power outage,all was fine 144hz on startup. But when i turn off pc and turn on again, windows 10 booted second time with lower refresh than 144hz. To revert 144hz i just turn off monitor and turn on again.

Just on my second turning ON pc after power outage, it happened. Thats all.

And i am not able to reproduce. Turning off pc few times and booting again,and nothing,still 144hz. Even i cut power 3 times to check,but still 144hz on boot. So maybe that was glitch or something but not related to that power outage?

My drivers: 388.13

Damn sorry for my language. Really apologize.

Comment

So if there is longer a problem, I guess there is no problem.

Comment

Really sorry for my language. If i can i explain this more clearly.

Few days ago I get power outage.

Pc was running in fire strike benchmark with monitor ON. At the same time my mother was powering on electric oven in kitchen. And then power went out in house.

Just before power went out, pc was running in Fire Strike test, and monitor was on. When power went out,pc goes off and monitor goes off.

When power back ,monitor turns on itself . Then I booted pc , all was looking fine, Windows 10 booted with 144hz

But after moment I shutdown pc by clicking shutdown in Windows 10 and I manually turned off monitor. After 30 minutes ,first I turn on manually monitor,then I boot pc again. Windows 10 booted with lower refresh than 144hz.( on nvidia panel still 144hz ) To restore 144hz I just turned off monitor and turn on again. And this not happened since.

And my question. It was related to this power outage or just coincidence?

And I am not able to reproduce. Turning off pc few times and booting again,and nothing,still 144hz. Even I cut power 3 times to check,but still 144hz on boot.

So maybe that was glitch.windows,system,drivers or something but not related to that power outage? Or maybe power outage was the reason, but the problem didn´t show up immediately?

Comment

We didn't design your monitor nor your PC. So we can't really answer your question.

But I revert to my earlier statement. If you can't reproduce the problem, then there is longer a problem. So there is nothing to worry about.

PC's do quirky stuff all the time. It is a side effect of the complexity of modern computers and software. Even the experts don't know what's going on most of the time.

Comment

Also this will be my last question.

When i tried to reproduce issue , i cutted few times power and i cant reproduce. Pc booting ,shutdown,restarting with 144hz still.

So it was related to that outage because fuse blown or just random glitch ?
              Is this because fuse blowed or that doesnt matter ?

But like i said i tried to reproduce this by cutting power from power cord and i am not able reprodue. So it was related to that outage when fuse was blown or just coincidence and fuse doesnt matter?

To be more precised. My mother turned on oven in kitchen, and bulb inside oven melted. Fuse of course blown and i got that power outage.

Comment

There are more important things in life than worrying about why a monitor, just once, had a slightly wrong refresh rate. Time to move on.

Comment

Hey David. Last question. What you think. That was related to power surge or this doesnt matter? ( this thing with refresh ).Somebody said that this was because power surge. Thank you.

Comment

I can only assume you are trolling us at this point.

Comment

I swear ,somebody said this to me. That this maybe was caused by power surge. Anyway this is not possible? ( i am not trolling )

Comment

i am not trolling
                        That's just what a troll would say.

Comment

I will be very greatful if you answer me dear David. So that was not related to power surge? I am asking because i am worried about this pc. I promise this will be my last question. And yes i know this is forum about ram But my ram passing fine in memtest no errors,by the way: )

Comment

Working...
                          X