Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G3D score for Radeon HD 7770 up almost 1000 pts compare to two weeks ago!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G3D score for Radeon HD 7770 up almost 1000 pts compare to two weeks ago!!

Radeon HD 7770
    According to PassMark's benchmark the G3D score was around 2400 two weeks ago, and now it's around 3400!

THIS IS INSANELY WRONG!

I've been watching this card and GTX 660 since Black Friday and saw the big jump in score for the HD7770 on PassMark's website, which made it on par w/ GTX 560Ti. So I went for it and got myself one immidately. Damn fxxk I was wrong!

Downloaded the latest version PerformanceTest and ran a test myself, with my XFX Radeon HD7770 double-d OC'd to max @ 1.2GHz Core & 1.3GHz memory, the best I can get is 2542 on my G3D score. I searched the keywords "i5 hd 7770" in PerformaceTest and found a dozen people with G3D score above me ranging from 3400~4700.

4700 on a HD7770?!? No fxxking way!

I took a closer look at the spec of those dozen people, one of them (Baseline ID#17419) has in his description "AMD7870 GHz Ed", and yet under his video card category it still says 'Radeon HD 7770". WTF!?!

Feeling suspicious, I searched "hd 7870" in PerformaceTest again, and just as I suspected, a number of people who clearly says they have HD7870 cards but somehow their video card spec was labled under HD7770.

This means the benchmark score published on PassMark's website is skewed BIG TIME!

FXXK FXXK FXXK FXXK FXXK !!!

NO MORE PASSMARK. I'LL PUT MY TRUST IN OTHER BENCHMARK SOFTWARE FROM NOW ON.
    i5-3450 @ 3.1GHz, 8GB RAM, XFX Radeon HD7770 OC @ 1.2GHz Core, Win7 x64. G3D score 2542 on PT v8.0(1009)

It was the case (about 3 weeks back) that some cards were coming in identifying themselves as a 7700 series. Which wasn't very useful.

A couple of patches ago (about 2 weeks back) we added some extra detection conditions to separate out the 7700 series cards into the individual models. While doing this is seems we incorrectly identified some of the 7870 cards as 7770 cards. Note that the cards (of the same chipset) come in with a wide variety of different names from different OEMs. So we have big lookup tables to map the different names back to generic names and map chipset numbers to generic names.

So we stuffed up. Sorry about that. It was basically a typo in the lookup table. We have gone through today and separated them out correctly in the charts. As you correctly (if rather crudely) pointed out the correct score for the 7770 is in the 2000 - 2500 range.

We'll also need to patch this in PerformanceTest as well. This will be done next week.

Comment

Thanks for the explaination, Dave.

Sorry about the bad language. I was in the heat of the moment...

Anyhow, I guess I'm stuck w/ my new 7770 now. At least XFX is one of the quietest card among the 7770 makes. Paid $110 after tax and MIR, so wasn't a total rip-off either.

But to think that just ~$50 more I could have gotten a 7850 only if hadn't jumped the gun too fast... ohhh, the regrets...
      i5-3450 @ 3.1GHz, 8GB RAM, XFX Radeon HD7770 OC @ 1.2GHz Core, Win7 x64. G3D score 2542 on PT v8.0(1009)

Comment

I was watching this card to and i couldnt believe it to. Good thing i didint rush.
        And dont be sad, its a great card for gaming in mid/high settings.
        On ultra it gets about 25-30 fps (games like BF3 and stuff)
        PS: sorry for bad grammar

Comment

Working...
        X