High 3D graphic mark score for AMD 7770

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High 3D graphic mark score for AMD 7770

I ran the performance test 8.0(build 1009) and the previous one (build 1008 ) many times on my PC and i always get 3D graphic mark scoring 2500+ for my AMD 7770, while i see it on the benchmark list scoring 2063. Am I getting confused in some way or is there something wrong in the benchmark list?
    i5-3470, AMD Sapphire HD 7770 GHz edition, 8GB RAM, Win8 x64

A result of 2500 is certainly higher than the average, but there is no reason to think the result is actually wrong.

It probably just means you have the card in the right slot, with the right device drivers, with a reasonable CPU and without too much other crap running in the background.

Comment

2500 is about right with my XFX 7770 Double-D OC'd to core 1.2GHz. Without OC running at stock 1.0GHz I get about 2200.

The passmark score is probably the mean from all the tests they received. To get a better sense of what your system would fair against other people of similar set up, open up PerformanceTest (v and go to Baseline > Manage Baselines > Simple Search, and type in, for example if you are i5 CPU w/ HD 7770, "i5 HD 7770", then click on G3D column to sort the findings.
      i5-3450 @ 3.1GHz, 8GB RAM, XFX Radeon HD7770 OC @ 1.2GHz Core, Win7 x64. G3D score 2542 on PT v8.0(1009)

Comment

My GPU core clock is 1150 MHz and GPU memory clock is 1250 MHz according to TechPowerUp GPU-Z 0.6.6 . Is it over clocked like that or no? i didn't change anything in the settings of my GPU and i get 3D graphic mark scoring 2500+ for my sapphire 7770. If there is anything to be done to improve the performance even more please guide me, because i didn't try overclocking before.

Comment

I think the default AMD core clock speed on the 7770 is 1Ghz and 1125 Mhz for the memory clock. So you would be already overclocked!

Comment

My sapphire is OC edition, I thought it means that it could be overclocked and not overclocked already from stock. Anyway, is that harmful for the GPU? any risks? is it possible to underclock it back? what about AMD overdrive option in Catalyst Control Center? It gives option to overcloak GPU core clock to 1650 MHz, and overcloak GPU memory clock to 1750 MHz.. is that possible? I didn't do any changes yet. I am seeking the best for graphics and best for my GPU without destroying it.

Comment

Typically you can overclock CPU and video card slightly will no ill effects.
              At lot depends on how hot the environment is and how good the cooling is in your PC. So it is hard to generalize, except to say that getting too hot is the major problem and it is the heat that does the damage (assuming you don't also increase the voltage levels).

Overclocking a video card from 1Ghz to 1.6Ghz isn't going happen however.

Comment

Working...
              X