2D problems with cpu xeon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2D problems with cpu xeon

Hello! I am having troubles with my PC. Its a dual xeon E5620 with 24GB of ram and a RX 480 graphic card. I have troubles when i move de pointer of the mouse over de windows or into a web with very elements. The pointer movement became very slow or jump. I think the problem is relationated with 2D because in gaming there is no problem.

In the test can see the result is very low. The result of 3D seems to be normal.

Please tell me what do you think about it.

Thanks you very much!

Even low end PC should be powerful enough to deal with mouse movement.
    More likely it is a software issue, or just a bad mouse. Maybe it needs cleaning, or a better mouse pad?

Comment

Thanks for your answer. The problem isnt the mouse or the mouse pad becaouse works fine in another PC. Is an extrange issue. In gaming the mouse move perfectly. No jumps and no slow motion is presetn. But when you work in windows desktop or into a web the problems manifest themselves. This makes i think the problem could be 2D and the result of passmark confirm this.

I use windows 10 newly installed whith all the updates and the last amd drivers. I cant find the problem. I dont understand why the 3D result is good but de 2D is bad, very bad. I need your help. ¿ Do you remember any case with problems whith the mouse motion ? It also happens when typing. But i can gaming in 1080p mode whith all the settings in ultra.
      Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      Even low end PC should be powerful enough to deal with mouse movement.
      More likely it is a software issue, or just a bad mouse. Maybe it needs cleaning, or a better mouse pad?

Comment

2D results as a bit low. I mean you are using an eight year old CPU. You can't expect them to be great.
        More likely it is a software issue. e.g. some bit of software running in the background, or the wrong device drivers.

Comment

Working...
        X