Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Choosing a Graphics Card

Greetings PassMark forum!

I come to you bearing a question. I'm building a Gaming Computer, for hard core gaming and streaming Live on Twitch.tv and Console Game Streaming.

I need a graphics card that is going to take all of this in stride while still preforming at its peak. And, shortly there after, will be accompanied by an identical card via SLI.

4 Things to keep in mind:
    Must be nVidia (I've had terrible experience with ATI/Raedon in the past)
    Must be PCIe 3.0
    Must be SLI Ready
    Must be under $250

I've looked at a few mark ups on here with the graphics cards, and I'm kind of on the middle between these 2 -

EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130826

MSI N570GTX Twin Frozr II GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127682

--------
    I know the second one is PCIe 2.0, but I was told the second one would be a really good buy for what I intend to do despite being 2.0.

If you know of any others for a good buy, please let me know!

I'm looking for some professional opinions and suggestions. Thank you for your time!

The 660 should use less power, be cheaper to run, be less hot and make less noise. But have comparable performance.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      The 660 should use less power, be cheaper to run, be less hot and make less noise. But have comparable performance.
      Thank you David! Simple and right to the point with key factors. I like it

Comment

Yep - go with 6XXX rather than 5XXX

Comment

It's going to be real close though I'd say get the 570 due to the improved memory bandwidth. That seems to be the more important aspect for your current needs, especially as you're going to SLI them in the future.

Comment

Working...
          X