Titan Benchmark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titan Benchmark

Waiting................but for how long?

I've posted two: EVGA SC on both stock (9089) and overclocked (9573) @ 103Mhz GPU / 150Mhz Mem. With GPU Boost, I've seen the clock rates go as high as 1.1 Ghz, and I'm pretty sure it can go higher if I was willing to let it run hotter.

Sadly, somebody posted a bench at 8326... how they managed to botch a bench that bad is beyond me. It's dragging down the bench. :/
    Last edited by Atriace; Mar-02-2013, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Thanks for posting the results.

Anything above 6000 on the 3D Mark result is a big result.
      Results of 8000 - 9000 are ... well ... titanic.

I wasn't expecting a result this high.

Comment

Had a closer look at the results this morning.
        Seems the Titan did well across the board. It was significantly faster for the Directx 9, 10 & 11 tests. As well as for Direct Compute.

I guess it does have almost double the specs (and price) of the GTX 680.

Didn't do any better in 2D however.

PerformanceTest is reporting (at the moment) a 60% improvement over the GTX680's performance. The gaming benchmarks I looked up today for the Titan report about a 50% average gain. With some games like Civilization V also reporting 60% improvements. So it seems the results aren't too far off the mark. I still think the average result might come down a few percentage points once we get more results in.

Still, a really amazing result.

Comment

Agreed.

To be clear, numbers are fun, but even without overclocking, this card runs tri-1920x1080 games (with all settings maxed) buttery smooth. I wondered what it might manage, and feared the need to buy a second card, but the game titles just don't seem to warrant it... well, unless you're running triple 2560x1440, but then you obviously don't have to worry about the cost of 3 Titans.

What interests me most is the direct compute ability at 4.5 TFlops. With Blender's Cycles, Arion, and Octane (and soon to be Modo's) GPU render engines, all cores are utilized (which in my work I could use). Compared to my current CPU (3770K @ 106 GFlops), I'd need roughly 42 CPUs to match what one Titan can achieve. I'd say that pays for itself.

Comment

Finally broke 5 digits (on-air) @ 10056!

Comment

Not sure why this is happening, but I noticed a trend in the sub-9000 benchmarks: they're all running X79 chipsets. I'm using Z77 as were other benches above 9000, and while they're also all using the slower 3770K processor (compared to the 3930K), so far this doesn't seem to be the bottleneck.

Then again, it may simply be bad benchmarking (running hoards of other apps while testing).

Comment

CPU does influence the 3D results somewhat. The faster the video card the more potential influence from the CPU as less and less time is spend in the 3D functions.

Comment

Newegg now has Titans with a price. Please add the price data.

Comment

Originally posted by i7Baby View Post
                    Newegg now has Titans with a price. Please add the price data.
                    Thanks for bringing it to our attention. The pricing information is not in real time. The pricing scripts are automated and run nightly by querying their provided search API.

Searching for the GeForce GTX Titan product manually on Newegg site earlier this morning, showed the product is "Out of Stock" for both ASUS and EVGA brand. This is perhaps why the scripts did not pick up the price. In any case, I have manually added the price info into our database.

Comment

Working...
                    X