Looking to build a PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to build a PC

Hey i'm looking to build a PC and decided to ask here for some advice. I tried some test build :
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
    GPU:Palit GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 3GB
    RAM: SAmsung UDIMM 8GB DDR4 2400MHz
    HDD: Toshiba 2TB Internal HDD Sata 6GB/s 7200RPM 3.5
    Motherboard:ASROCK A320M-DGS / AM4

Monitor:24" ASUS VG248QE - VG248Qe - 144Hz

I think most of the things looks fine but i'm curious about your opinion is there anything better i can get i got around this amount of money like near 950 euro.
    I'm not sure if i need 2TB HDD but the price is not so big difference compared to 1TB but might not be worth the money. The RAM is 8GB since i will probably add 8GB more next month and might get SSD. It might be better just to get 500GB SSD straight up. Also not sure if i should just get the cheapest power supply which have a little bit more than the Voltage i need and what Box to get for the PC. I'm open to any opinions.

I don't know Euro pricing. But I wouldn't buy a PC without a SSD anymore.
    Get matching RAM sticks.

should just get the cheapest power supply which have a little bit more than the Voltage i need
    That isn't the way it works. Voltages are fixed. Power (in watts) is what you are talking about.
    Power = Voltage x Current

Something around 380W would be the min power supply. 500W is better as it will give some spare capacity for upgrades.

Comment

It's around $1000 Yeah i meant Watts. Also i will need some cooler but have no idea how to choose 1. Anything important to look for in SSD?

Comment

For a SSD have a look at the benchmark list here.

Also I guess you know that the Ryzen 7 1700X has kind of been replaced by the 2700X ?
        But I am assuming you are getting a good price on the older model.
        See this CPU comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by vilivili View Post
          Hey i'm looking to build a PC and decided to ask here for some advice. I tried some test build :
          CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
          GPU:Palit GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 3GB
          RAM: SAmsung UDIMM 8GB DDR4 2400MHz
          HDD: Toshiba 2TB Internal HDD Sata 6GB/s 7200RPM 3.5
          Motherboard:ASROCK A320M-DGS / AM4

Monitor:24" ASUS VG248QE - VG248Qe - 144Hz

I think most of the things looks fine but i'm curious about your opinion is there anything better i can get i got around this amount of money like near 950 euro.
          I'm not sure if i need 2TB HDD but the price is not so big difference compared to 1TB but might not be worth the money. The RAM is 8GB since i will probably add 8GB more next month and might get SSD. It might be better just to get 500GB SSD straight up. Also not sure if i should just get the cheapest power supply which have a little bit more than the Voltage i need and what Box to get for the PC. I'm open to any opinions.
          I would go with the zen+, 2600 and OC or 2600x and you dont have to OC because of the presision boost is doing a really good job by itself. If you have the Money go for the 2700 and OC. ZEN+ has better ipc 3-5% and they Clock higher.

Comment

As for cooler, I don't know how hot Ryzen CPUs run but the Wraith cooler that comes with the later models is usually enough to run it stock. Not sure what or if there even is anything included with a 1700x. From there on if you want an aftermarket cooler, I think it just depends on your budget. Like if you want to throw money out of the window get a Noctua NH D15 SE AM4 for air or whatever AM4 Liquid cooling, like the H115i AIO from Corsair. I don't know a lot, but just make sure your case is big enough to house a Noctua D15 if you want one. Also keep in mind they're pretty ugly, but they do sell different color fans on their site if you aren't about that poop aesthetic

Comment

Working...
            X