Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intels 8. Generations CPUs UHD 610 "GPU" beats GeForce GTX 1060

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/GPU_mega_page.html
    I am quite surprised how high up on the list UDH Intel's 630 integrated GPU is located. It is beaten by GeForce GTX 1070 but beats GeForce GTX 1060......... when looking at the 2D score. As for the 3d score, as you might already know, - the good story stops
    But why ?? Why is it so very good at 2D and bad at 3D ? Or rather why the big difference for the high end cards in the 2D and 3d score - and what are the concrete, as Intel's integrated GPU can do better than GTX 1060 in 2D test?? Please give specific examples - because I'm a bit lost

Video card manufacturers stopped caring about 2D performance a long time ago. (and some 2D activities are CPU bound, not accelerated by the video card at all)

So you don't need to spend much on the video card to get good 2D performance.

Comment

Double post
      Last edited by T-buch; Oct-26-2018, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply - so the fact that the Intel graphics engine is so fast we can not in no way benefit from

Comment

I don't know what you mean. Where 2D functions do use the video card (e.g. Bitblt and DirectWrite) it is faster and you can benefit from it.

Comment

Mayby its my English skills

Let me ask in another way - If the card has a good 2d score, how will it prove concrete in daily use?
            OR let me ask in a third way - What does the G3D Mark Represent. What are the test description - Is it just 2d games ("arcade") - It it the resolution and FPS? I cannot find any descriptions of the 2d test anywhere except that a higher number is better ,-)

If you are non gamer - will a card (lets say) with a 2000 score in G3Dmark and 400 in the G2D mark score be worse or better then a card with 1400 /1000?

All in all questions with should help me and others to understand what the G2D test is an expression of in real life - also in relation to the G3D test

Comment

A description of the 3D tests can be found here,
              https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_test_info.html

3D is used for most games, CAD CAM work, some scientific visualization work, etc..

2D is used for the normal Windows desktop and applications like browsers, image editors, etc..

Comment

Working...
              X