Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTX High 2d low 3d scores?

Hi!

Im new here so apologies in advance if something like this has been asked many tomes, but I can't seem to find an answer as to why this is happening on google.
    Specs: i5 3570k stable oc to 4.2ghz (bad air cooler, cant go any higher rn)
    Msi GTX 970 slightly OC'd (+26mV, 110% power limit, +190MHz core clock, +345MHz mem. Tested for quite a while and very stable this way. Never really exceeds 68-70c)
    Random 650w psu
    2x4gb (I know..) ddr3 1600MHz (Not Ocd ofc)

Win7 Ultimate 64bit, nvidia driver ver 417.22

Here's my scores:

Cpu: 8958
    2d mark: 845 (Direct 2D only 19fps??)
    3d mark: 4555 (vs 970 baseline 6784) DirectX9 55, DX10 121, DX11 195, GPU Compute 4488
    Memory mark: 2390

If anyone has an idea why this is going on or if this is normal I'd appreciate any replies!

If you need more info let me know

CPU result is good. No problem there.

2D mark average for the GTX 970 is 846. So you are right on average.

3D mark will be a bit hurt by the fact that you can't run the DX12 test on Win7.
    DirectX9 score is also low. So this would be my main concern. Do you consistently get 55fps across multiple runs?

Comment

I actually had some runs that gave me up to 59-61fps, but the lowest was 55 ye. Any idea why the Direct 2D score is so low though? 19 seems awfully low compared to the values it shows me as baselines.

If Direct 2D is right on average, did I really just OC my GPU to perform as stock? oof

Unigine Superposition score is 2322 and Valley 2575, if that matters
      ​​​​​​​

Comment

Frame rates of 59 and 60 are suspicious. As this is the typical monitor refresh rate. So maybe you have device driver settings limiting the frame rate to the monitors refresh rate.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
          Frame rates of 59 and 60 are suspicious. As this is the typical monitor refresh rate. So maybe you have device driver settings limiting the frame rate to the monitors refresh rate.
          Hey sorry I was busy the past few days so I havent replied yet.
          nah, I have had Vsync turned off for the longest time cause it's whack. It does confuse me though as DX9 results don't run over 61fps, but as low as 55fps now too. So wouldn't that imply it#s for another reason that I'm not getting above that FPS? Im gonna run the dx9 test at stock and comment again

Comment

Stock voltage and clocks run a 54fps score in the DX9 test, whereas +27mv, +190mhz clock and +350mhz memory run it at 55fps.
            What even

If you want the other scores, OC'd it runs 191 in DX11, 129 in DX10, and 4383 in the GPU Compute test. (Which supposedly is also below average). A note for the compute test; The "GPU Bitonic (?) Sort" thing runs at ~15-20% GPU load. It goes up to 101000000then droops to 92000000 elements/sec (If that matters at all).
            Last edited by Aradere; Dec-15-2018, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Distribution of DirectX 9 results for the GTX 970 is below.

You should be getting around 166FPS. Or better with a good over clock. There is a big range for this test as it also fairly CPU dependant (we are going to make it less CPU dependant in V10)

But there is a definite spike of results around 60FPS. Which would be monitor sync'ing. So if you are sure this is off, then I don't know what the problem is.

GTX-970 DirectX9

Comment

Working...
              X