Memory Read Uncached Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Read Uncached Performance

haha, yes! First I want to say that I love passmark! I use this site everyday and it's very helpful for market decisions : )

I normally just use it for CPU info but I started getting into the ram side.

So after doing memory benchmark - I noticed my Memory Read Uncached is low but everything else checks out pretty good.
    I am wondering if people are using just one stick of ram to get high reads, but I got quad channel, so it cant be!

CPU: 7820X @ 4.5ghz (I can get it to 4.7 and it scores 2700! but I want cooler temps - btw did I ever say I love passmark?)
    CPU Cache @ 3.3Ghz
    Mainboard: Asus ROG Rampage VI APEX (this motherboard is amazing btw)
    Memory: 32GB 8x4 F4-3600C16-8GTZSW (Single Rank) @ 3735/1867.7 15-15-15-34 tRFC655 2T (amazing! 1.37v)

My Memory write is 14056 , but my read uncached is 12484 - is there any way to get this up? I'm seeing people hit like 20,000MB/s and im wondering how?

Also my Latency is about 25 and I see some people hitting 16 - I thought my ram is good! lol they must be running super low timings like 10 or 14cl.

So I just want insight on the read uncached performance really, anyone have any tips?

PS: Thank you and great site! keep up the good work! Happy New Year!

The machines with the highest read uncached performance tend to be those that have the CPUs with the highest single thread performance scores. So the i7-8086K and i7-7700K combined with something like G Skill Intl F4-4266C19.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback - So I get 7700K single thread performance @ 4.5ghz and 8700k @ 4.7 - What I did to improve my speeds was lower the trfc to 400 (default was set to 630ish?)

Now I am hitting 15,500 MB/s read/write for uncached and systems in the 95% for memory. : )

Happy with it for now - Might try getting the memory to 4000mhz @ 15/16CL with 1.5v in the future and test again.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
      X