Passmark Android CPU information MTK6589

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passmark Android CPU information MTK6589

Hello. I didn't find the similar question so would like to make it clear here.
    If anybody has an MTK6589 CPU device, what is shown in CPU information in System?
    I'm asking because my shows that I have an 4-core CPU, but only core 0 and core 1 have some numbers MHz current and Range. Core 2 and Core 3 ir is written: Unknown. And due to results I see that they are close to 2-core CPU:
    Integer Math 154MOps/Sec (in 4-core it is likely 250-300)
    Floating Point 339MOps/Sec (~ 500-550)

What can that possibly be?
    Firmware bug/misfunction or application (passmark) unsupport of MTK6589?

Originally posted by Meeshka View Post
    What can that possibly be?
    Firmware bug/misfunction or application (passmark) unsupport of MTK6589?
    I asked, I'll try to answer. The passmark test somehow uses only 2 cores in MTK6589 to run the test. Test CPU Prime benchmark showed the comparison CPU results as they should be: MTK6589 is ~13% better than Exynos 4412.

Comment

The System Information section collects information on start up and periodically when the section needs to be refreshed. It does not display information in real time. What is probably happening is that your device is auto disabling the other 2 cores during low system activity to conserve power.

During actual testing, PerformanceTest Mobile will create one thread per core for the CPU Tests. So 4 threads should be created and the workload should cause the other 2 cores to come out of 'sleep'. We don't have access to all available devices so we cannot comment specifically about the MTK6589.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard (PassMark) View Post
        The System Information section collects information on start up and periodically when the section needs to be refreshed. It does not display information in real time. What is probably happening is that your device is auto disabling the other 2 cores during low system activity to conserve power.

During actual testing, PerformanceTest Mobile will create one thread per core for the CPU Tests. So 4 threads should be created and the workload should cause the other 2 cores to come out of 'sleep'. We don't have access to all available devices so we cannot comment specifically about the MTK6589.
        That could really be so, if you say it. System indeed powers down from 1 to 3 cores at a time to prevent extra battery discharging.
        MT6589 is a mobile CPU, not actually a device.
        May be PassMark makes some logging so that I can possibly check the sysinfo during the test? Since the results of the CPU benchmark are alittle disorienting.

Comment

Can you send email in and I can possibly look at sending a debug build. I will probably not get around to it until some time next week however.

Comment

Working...
          X