Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezing on GPU testing

Hi

ive been using Performance Test to benchmark computers previously with no issues at all - but when i benchmark my new Core-i5 ivy bridge system running HD2500 graphics the screen goes blank on GPU DX test - does this on V8 and V7 - it done the same when I installed a nVidia GT 220 to compare

should I be running certain versions on certain hardware?

the GT220 is DX10 and HD2500 is DX11

thanks
    The Tech Forum - Broadband & Computer Support
    www.thetechforum.co.uk

One of the most common problem with new systems is overheating. Usually due to heat sink on the CPU not being affixed correctly or fans not running / installed. Then the first time the system is placed under load it crashes.

Also do you have the right video card device drivers installed for the HD2500 GPU?

When you installed the GT220, did you disable the onboard HD2500 in BIOS? As maybe you are still running on the HD2500 even though you have another card installed.

V8 should be fine with the older card. For example it should skip the DX11 test if DX11 isn't available.

When the screen was black did you try ALT-TAB to get back to the desktop, as maybe there was an hidden error message on the desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      One of the most common problem with new systems is overheating. Usually due to heat sink on the CPU not being affixed correctly or fans not running / installed. Then the first time the system is placed under load it crashes.

Also do you have the right video card device drivers installed for the HD2500 GPU?

When you installed the GT220, did you disable the onboard HD2500 in BIOS? As maybe you are still running on the HD2500 even though you have another card installed.

V8 should be fine with the older card. For example it should skip the DX11 test if DX11 isn't available.

When the screen was black did you try ALT-TAB to get back to the desktop, as maybe there was an hidden error message on the desktop.
      hi

sorry turned out too be conflict with Private Firewall application...it done it when that was running, when it wasnt it would just say not supported and end the test etc..

thanks again
      The Tech Forum - Broadband & Computer Support
      www.thetechforum.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X