Computer crashes and reboots after a few seconds on 3d test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer crashes and reboots after a few seconds on 3d test

Basically the title but when I run the full test of 3d, on the big jelly fish part (on the moon or something) After it turns fully toward the big jellyfish my computer crashes and then reboots itself.... My computer has been crashing during gameplay of xplane 10 and total rome 2 I am trying to get to the bottom of it . All temps are good via OCCT and I cannot figure it out... System specs: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1qpFr
    New build-

I tried OCCT PSU and GPU tests they both run fine. But this 3d testfrom passmark (latest version) crashes when the camera turns to the big jelly fish and I think its supposed to stop then crashes.

I am not overclocking or anything just trying to get to the bottom of this.

I Am at f4 with bios, and up to date video drivers.

Another thing that crashes it almost instantly is the direct compute in 3d test. It crashes after maybe 1 second max.

Any suggestions? bad card? or what am I looking at here
    Last edited by Nocodelukin; Sep-10-2013, 02:17 AM.

It is silly to think you can do a proper power supply test with a just software.

I see you are running SLI, which can cause a lot of compatibility issues. Can you try removing 1 video card at a time and seeing if they both work individually.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      It is silly to think you can do a proper power supply test with a just software.

I see you are running SLI, which can cause a lot of compatibility issues. Can you try removing 1 video card at a time and seeing if they both work individually.
      Sure can chief. Give me a bit. (And thanks for assisting )

Comment

Originally posted by Nocodelukin View Post
        Sure can chief. Give me a bit. (And thanks for assisting )
        OK so I took out one of the 780s and I did the direct compute (seems to be the fasted re occurring problem) After 1 second it crashed and rebooted again. Going to try taking out the other one now and see if it happens again

Comment

Well my computer is jacked, the one in the first slot was literally stuck in the slot and ripped pit the pcie connector lololol so im hoping that was the problem either way big chunk of change for me to pay or do they cover retarded people in the warranty

Comment

Video card slots typically have a small plastic retention clip at the back of the PCI-E slot that you need to unclip before removing the card.

If the card isn't unclipped and the card is removed by force, then something will break. If it is just the clip that is broken, then it might still all be usable is the card is carefully aligned. But if you have ripped the PCI-E connector out of the motherboard there is no way you are going to be able to fix it.

Other slots should still work however. Maybe you can use the machine without using this slot if it is broke.

It is a common mistake. Googling broken PCI-E clip gives 5 million hits.

Comment

Working...
            X