Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2d score with my Ryzen 7 3700x and 2080 oc Gigabyte.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2d score with my Ryzen 7 3700x and 2080 oc Gigabyte.

Hello, can you tell me how come my 2d score is so low considering the material I have? Thank you.

Does't seem that low and you didn't post the individual 2D score.

High end video cards are no better than cheap video cards for 2D.

Comment

I understood where it came from. This came from the fix of the spectrum fault. By disabling it, I increased my score 2d.

Comment

on the other hand I can not disable the meltdown fault because it is gray in the software.

Comment

Yes, these Spectre security patches (not spectrum) add extra overhead when making any function call into the operating system. The 2D benchmark test does a lot of O/S function calls. So it is totally plausible that there is a negative performance impact.

Comment

Why can not I disable the meltdown patch? The box is grayed out.

Comment

Maybe your CPU didn't have that flaw or maybe it can't be disabled for technical reasons? Don't really know. You'll need to do some research.

Comment

Okay. Thank you. Do you think it's dangerous for my computer that I leave off the spectrum fault? I read that amd processors did not have much to fear.

Comment

It is "Spectre" (not spectrum).
                  If it is a single user machine there isn't much to worry about. It is is a multi-user machine (e.g. cloud server) it is more of an issue.

Comment

Thanks.

I have another small question. Before my Ryzen 7 3700x I had a 4790k i7 with a motherboard z87 mpowermax, and 32 gigas of ddr3 Gskill cl 11 clocked at 2400 mhz and my score3 d was more efficient. I was doing 17200 pretty much. Today with my new config more powerful, I'm only 16 000. Where do you think it could come from?

Comment

Maybe different video card or different video card drivers? Do you have the individual test results for the 3D test for the two machines?

Comment

Not the graphics card was the same for the 2 pc. No I do not have the 3d tests of my old pc. But maybe that comes from the pilots yes. 1000 points difference between two different driver versions are possible ?

Comment

Driver settings can make a big difference. For example if you force the frame rate to match the monitors refresh rate, you might never be going above 60fps.

Comment

I made a new acquisition today: a samsung 970 evo plus nvme. Here is my new score. What do you think ?

Comment

only my ram is not 99% because it's CL 16, I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X