C'mon - who's got a R9 290?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C'mon - who's got a R9 290?

Seems to take a while before some hardware results get posted. I was expecting/hoping a R9 290 GPU would've been tested and recorded by now.

Still no-one! Seems people are waiting for improved custom cooling and drivers to fix fan profiles. But same applies to 290X. Maybe 290X is benchmarked because at it's release it was cheaper than GTX780 - which has now had a price drop. New coolers probably not available till next year (January?).

It's just that 290 might be as good as 290X and 780 but for a much better price. Hope the benchmark shows that.

Comment

The 290 isn't currently being identified correctly by PerformanceTest (only the 290X) so we'll have a new release out soon that will (as well as the 270 and 250).

Comment

Thanks for the sanity injection Tim

Comment

Maybe that's why R9 290X figures don't look as good as GTX780 (which it is supposed to be) - R290 is mixed in with the data (?).

Comment

The new build is now up (http://www.passmark.com/download/pt_download.htm) so results should start appearing over the next few days.

The 290 results shouldn't be mixed in with the 290X results (they have different underlying device IDs). As always with a new card release it takes a while to get enough results for the average benchmark score to even out (and any driver improvements that follow the initial release). It probably also doesn't help that there is a "quiet" mode for the 290X that could be slowing down the results.

Comment

Thanks again Tim. Wonder if similar will happen with R9 270?

Comment

Two weeks later and still nothing. All I want for Christmas is a benchmark!!!!

Comment

The R9 270 is in the charts. We only one submission so far for the R9 270 (non X),

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/vi...R9+270&id=2766

Comment

Maybe everyone's waiting for the custom cooler versions of the R9 290. Apparently, for Battlefield 4, the reference R9 290 runs better fps than the GTX 780. From my video editing point of view its Price/Stream Processors is excellent.
                    Last edited by i7Baby; Dec-25-2013, 01:25 AM.

Comment

You could find a few in the baselines, I have a R9-290 Reference design and scores are pretty solid G3D 7814 and it's only overclocked 10%, fan isn't really loud btw

Comment

Still no R9 290 benchmark. XFX has now got custom cooler - but ~$100 more! Word is 290's and 290X'S selling like hotcakes to bit-miners - which also is putting the price up.

Comment

The 290 has finally made an appearance (along with the 270 and 250), currently sitting just under the 290X by about 8%.

Comment

Working...
                          X