i need help with comparing gt 620 to 8800 gt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need help with comparing gt 620 to 8800 gt

i bought a new computer some months ago.

hp p6-2470ED
    it has the geforce gt 620 graphic card

my older computer is the hp m9190
    wich has the geforce 8800 gt

i got the idea my new one is worse, cuz some game wich didnt not hitch, do now

is my old card better or maybe some other spec of my old or new computer sucks?

2 links here

old computer specs
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01346398&tmp_task=prodinfoCatego ry&cc=nl&dlc=nl&document=&lc=nl&product=3670056

new computer specs
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03658315&cc=nl&dlc=nl&lc=nl&jump id=reg_r1002_nlnl_c-001_title_r0002

both official sites of manufacturer.

im not very rich. but thinking about buying a new and better graph card if needed.
    waiting for replys.

i dont really need the best card, just wanna play battlefield 3 and 4 and settlers 7 and world of warcraft at decent quality

i noticed the hitching at settlers 7 wich annoy me.

In terms of the video card, I think the new machine is a downgrade, not an upgrade. The GT 620 is a cheap slow card.

The CPU in the new machine is better however.

Comment

I would get a SSD disk to your new computer to have the OS and games to run on it it really speeds up the PC, and a better video card like the MSI GeForce GTX 660 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127756

Comment

thanx for the replies.

i was thinking of a ssd myself too, and i think the 660 would be a great upgrade.

Comment

Just be careful with these HP machines. Often HP installs a power supply that is the bare minimum. So upgrading to a high performance video card might also mean a new power supply.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
            Just be careful with these HP machines. Often HP installs a power supply that is the bare minimum. So upgrading to a high performance video card might also mean a new power supply.
            I just threw my old power supply in my new comp. So i could use the old card. The comp works with the supply with the 620 but when i put in the 8800 i goes beeping. Think i put it in straight. And i didnt forget the 6 pin connector. I noticed some connector on the top too but assume thats just sli. Or is it fan power maybe.

Comment

The beep codes often have a meaning.
              Google HP beep codes

Comment

could not really find out what it was, i think the 8800 maybe is a pci-e
                gen 1 card, but not sure, and even so it should work in a pci-e gen 2 slot

Comment

Working...
                X