Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird crash and after moment system restarted on 9900K and 2080 Ti.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird crash and after moment system restarted on 9900K and 2080 Ti.

Monitor:AORUS AD27QD

Cpu: i7-9900K stock 4.7 with Noctua NH-D15

Gpu: Rtx 2080 Ti Aorus Xtreme Waterforce ( stock no oc,temps max 63C on load )

Ram: 32gb 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000MHZ XMP

Psu: Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 850W

mb: Asus Prime Z390-A

SSD: Crucial 1TB

HDD: WB BLUE 1 TB

Case: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P

Hello. I bought GPU in october 2019. All was super smooth,stable,no issues. I left many games running for hours without crash or restart. But............

Yesterday i left Metro Exodus when i go to work for 12 hours. When i back to home game was still running,fine. But when i click EXIT to main menu,monitor goes black screen and game crashed with display driver crash. After moment and after crash when i was on Windows 10 idle,pc restarted itself ( kernel 41 ). And now its fine again.

My question is GPU OR PSU get overheated ?

I clicked exit to main menu and it crashed to windows with display driver crash.

Second event. After crash i was in Windows 10 and out of the blue, after 2-3 minutes pc just restarted. So why pc restarted itself? PSU ?

ps:

PSU is 2 months old.

Should i worry?

Just simply. After 12 hours i clicked ESC and exit to main menu,it crashed to desktop with driver crash. And after 2-3 minutes system from desktop just restarted out of the blue with Kernel-41.No Bsod.

And now its fine again. Weird?!

i left Metro Exodus when i go to work for 12 hours
    What craziness is this?
    You left it for 12 hours using ~400W? Why not just save the game & put the machine to sleep?
    That would work out to be ~3500kWh per year. At local electricity prices this is around $1200 per year to run the machine!

If the BOSD blamed the video card device driver, I would suspect the video card has gone bad. Not the PSU. But hard to know for sure without doing some testing.

Comment

Also crash happened when i click EXIT TO MAIN MENU in game. Black creen,1 minute waiting and desktop with error display driver.
      After this maybe 2-3 minutes and system rebooted itself with KERNEL POWER 41. I wonder if that crash in metro was coincidence or somehow related to that system reboot?
      NO BSOD code,just like power cut reset. It was hardware failure?

I have all power sleep to NEVER. Nothing get updated in background.

Comment

After reboot i open event log and see only KERNEL-POWER 41 log. No bugcheck. So it was something like power cut,because i dont saw a bugcheck code.

But i found this in windows/livekernel..../ win32kbase.sys
        It appeared 5 minutes before reboot. And my question is. It was that bsod ?

win32kbase.sys appeared on time: 20:18:05

Reboot was 20:22:10.

Like i said there was not bugcheck in event log. Only win32kbase.sys in windows dump folder. So it was related to that reboot that file or not?

Screens:

Click image for larger version

Name:	w1.jpg
Views:	775
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	46165

Comment

Working...
        X