Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A NOOB here - Any idea why it seems my benchmark numbers have changed dramatically?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A NOOB here - Any idea why it seems my benchmark numbers have changed dramatically?

Hi! I have a bunch of computers - when I replace someone's computer with a new one, they let me keep the old ones. I put in an SSD, reinstall windows 10, make sure they have at least 8GB RAM and I have a nice spare machine.

I've been making a list of machines with the processor in them and the benchmark number for the processor.

I was checking something today and the numbers on the website are dramatically different from what I had in my notes.

Did something change on the website or do I take bad notes?

For a i5-2400, i have 5971 for the benchmark (I likely looked at the website it a month or 2 ago?). But now the website says 3812 https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php...00+%40+3.10GHz

For a i5-3470, I have 6730, but now it says 4694

For a i5-4570, I have 7341, but now it says 5457

Likely all are still ranked the same as before. but I thought the benchmark would be something that would stay relatively the same over time? Otherwise, how do you know that a new chip that has a benchmark of X is better or worse than a chip that has a benchmark of Y when you checked the website weeks ago?

But I am a noob! So there's logic to this? or am I just a bad note taker?

A few weeks ago we released a new version of PerformanceTest that had significant changers to the CPU tests and the score. While CPU mark numbers are scaled to be similar to V9 values it isn't possible to get them to exactly match, and older CPUs will be affected more than newer CPUs in most cases.

Please see this post for more information.

Comment

Working...
    X