Benchmark Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benchmark Scores

Hello everyone! I was wondering if someone can help me with my benchmark scores as I'm trying to determine if a piece of hardware is damaged.

My rig is
    Asus M5A87 mobo
    8 gb (2 x G.Skill Intl F3-12000CL9-4GBXL)
    AMD FX(tm)-8350 8 core
    Gigabyte GTX 660
    Coolermaster 550 psu
    Corsair GT 120 GB SSD

I get

Overall: 3378.4

CPU Mark: 9379

2D Graphics Mark: 615

3D Graphics Mark: 4471

Memory Mark: 1290 (seems low)

Disk Mark: 3518

Thanks for your help!

The AMD machine never do all that well on the memory tests.
    Which piece of hardware do you think is damaged?

Comment

Hello David! Thanks for the help!

I'm not quite sure which piece is damaged but I noticed when I moved about a month ago my computer has been acting slower. I just got and installed the AMD 8350 and thought it would be a good time to figure out if any of the hardware is damaged. Does it look like there's any hardware issues/damaged with the scores I listed?

Thanks for your help! I really appreciate it!

Comment

Damaged computer hardware normally fails in a catastrophic manner. It would be rare that a hardware fault results in just a slight slowdown. e.g. more often you get BSOD, won't power on, etc..

Comment

Thanks for the help! I always thought benchmarks were for checking how well hardware is performing. I noticed when I ran a benchmark today my scores across the board were also lower then they were yesterday.

Im mostly worried about my video card today I got a 3d score of 4254 when I see that most get around 4500

Thanks again for your help! I really appreciate it!
          Last edited by Opendome; Mar-05-2014, 08:09 PM.

Comment

I recently did anotehr benchmark and I got

Overall: 3268
            CPU: 9477
            2D: 543
            3D: 4496
            Memory: 1360
            Disk: 3368

Should I be concerned about my drastically lower 2D score on my video card or be concerned about my video card???? Im also worried about my SSD are its about 200 points lower than it was three weeks ago

I'm really freaking out that my video cards starting to go

Thanks for your help!
            Last edited by Opendome; Mar-24-2014, 11:21 PM.

Comment

There can be variation in the score depending on what other activities are running on the machines in the background. Other things like temperature throttling can also introduce some variability into the results. SSDs can also slow down as they get full or when TRIM is not in use.

You got a better 3D result today than you did 3 weeks ago. Doesn't seem like a rational reason to freak out.

Comment

Ok thanks! TRIM should be in use but my SSD has filled up quite a bit lately (prob get another one soon). Ive seen the 2D score bounce around +/- 10 but the last test had a big jump so I thought it might be dying and having some serious issues. So everythings ok then? I run the benchmarks right after I do a system restart to minimize variation in programs. My GPU and SSD scores won't affect my computers performance and they aren't damaged/dying at all?

Comment

Working...
                X