Question about new(ish) cpu mark scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about new(ish) cpu mark scores

I've noticed that all the scores for the CPU's have been heavily raised recently and I am still confused on how it works. For example, if a cpu had 4 cores, single thread mark of 2000, and maintained a solid mark of 2000 per core under 100% usage, would the CPU mark be 8000? Because I know that's how it worked before the scores were changed, and was wondering if it is the same now.
    thanks

I've noticed that all the scores for the CPU's have been heavily raised recently
    No that isn't the case. Some went down, some went up. Probably more went down on overall.

For example, if a cpu had 4 cores, single thread mark of 2000, and maintained a solid mark of 2000 per core under 100% usage, would the CPU mark be 8000? Because I know that's how it worked before the scores were changed
    It never worked that way & still doesn't.
    The single thread result was never linked in a linear fashion to the overall CPUMark. Many factors prevent this. Including limited memory bandwidth & hyperthreading.

If there was a CPU that had 2000 for a single thread score and 8000 for the CPUMark it was coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post

No that isn't the case. Some went down, some went up. Probably more went down on overall.

It never worked that way & still doesn't.
      The single thread result was never linked in a linear fashion to the overall CPUMark. Many factors prevent this. Including limited memory bandwidth & hyperthreading.

If there was a CPU that had 2000 for a single thread score and 8000 for the CPUMark it was coincidence.
      Oh ok thank you for the help.

Comment

Working...
      X