Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when usb loopback works, it will detect which signal? The usb port or the usb control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when usb loopback works, it will detect which signal? The usb port or the usb control

recently i use passmark USB2.0 loopback to test a usb2.0 port, and the usb2.0 port signal is HSIC and controller is XHCI. USB2.0 loopback test result was fail. then i use passmark USB3.0 loopback to test this usb port, the result was pass. i wondered whether usb2.0 loopback cannot test usb port which controller is XHCI? and when loopback works, it will detect which signal? The usb port or the usb controller?

USB2 plugs should work fine on XHCI controllers, though looking a the HSIC specs that it can run at a lot lower voltage than normal so it may be a power detection issue (only speculation).

What sort of motherboard is this on?

Comment

my motherboard information:
      CPU: intel atom E3845 (bay trail)
      memory: DDR3L 1333 4GB
      when i use 2.0 loopback to test the USB port(loopback mode), the error information is: Number of device transcceiver errors: 15
      when i test benchmark, it can test and the max, min, ave results are 360mb/s
      whether the FW of USB2.0 loopback need to be updated?
      and would you please kindly tell me the way of loopback works? thanks

Comment

If it says you have transceiver errors, then I suspect you have transceiver errors.
        While we could update the software to hide the errors, this would defeat the purpose of a USB test device.

Transceiver errors are accumulated in the micro-controller in the plug, then periodically they are collected and reported back to the user. These are events at a low level that may lead to the packet being retransmitted. They do not represent data errors at the application level.

Examples of what can cause an error are,

• Bad PID
        • CRC error
        • Bit stuff error
        • Extra bits in a packet
        • Full Speed EOP ending on K
        • Loss of high-speed valid before EOP (truncated packet)
        • Overflow (host clock running too fast or device clock running too slow)
        • Token larger than 3 bytes (this may occur when using the USB 2.0 Loopback plug behind a hub, with Low/Full speed devices connected to the hub).

Unfortunately the USB chip isn't sophisticated enough to keep a count of each error type. you really need a full protocol analyser for this. (For example the Teledyne LeCroy Voyager M310).

Comment

Working...
        X