Are the PT10 G2D Mark score usable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the PT10 G2D Mark score usable?

After the change from PT9 to PT10 many of us have notice a big change in the G2D Mark
    But what does this score really reflect in real life computer usage?

One of the thing where I can see a big benefit of good 2D skills is when you speed up (fast forwarding/seeking) a video
    Not long ago in the PerformanceTest v9 days - the Intels integrered Graphics in their CPUs like the UHD 630 beats the hell out of many of the expensive dedicated Graphic Cards. But with the new PT10 - it now has to deal with a score of 297 (PTv9 something around 850)
    So know my old Geforce GTX 650 card (PTv10 G2D score: 336) is better than the Intels UHD 630

But…
    When I speed up a video (h.264 or H.265) in VLC (trying all relevant settings) with the GTX 650 in the slot things starts to went wrong already around a speed at 8X
    With Intels UHD 630 I can speed up to 72X and The video still runs by smooth

Running Win 10 64

There were large changes to the 2D tests. So the PT9 and PT10 results aren't very comparable.
    I haven't tested speeding up videos 72x times, but Intel's better performance might be a optimised codec in the driver.

Comment

Working...
    X