Slow down of disk after Overclock test crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow down of disk after Overclock test crash

I recently built a system which test scored @ 7096. I did some additional overclock testing to see if I could squeeze some additional speed of the system and caused a few crashes along the way. After recovering the bios and removing the tweaks everything works fine except that when I would run the performance disk test again the disk rating slowed dramatically from a score of 53491 to 8501.

After multiple tests and determining that the bios settings were not the culprit I restored a previous version of the disk using a clone. The disk scores jumped back up to the expected 53000+.

At any rate, is anyone aware of a windows issue that causes the disk read/write etc. to adjust after a system crash due to overclocking?

My preference is to adjust a windows affected dll or Registry edit or other item without having to restore the disk to a previous window.

Last edited by Arnieb; Apr-19-2014, 10:46 PM.

My guess would be that the software environment changed. The score of 55K can only be achieved with a ram disk or ram cache.

See also this issue with the EVO SSDs.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      My guess would be that the software environment changed. The score of 55K can only be achieved with a ram disk or ram cache.

See also this issue with the EVO SSDs.

Thank you for for the quick response. The actual hard drive is a PCIe ocz revodrive 3x2. I'm not sure why the my samsung shows up as the primary in this test. I've tested samsung drive, as well as, a ocz vertex 3 drive and both test at much lower speeds than the revodrive 3x2. Any thoughts as to something specific in the windows environment that might have caused the change?

Comment

Working...
      X