Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Determine Flops of your Future System?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Determine Flops of your Future System?

Hello guys,

I am planing to build a high performance computer system with high computational power of around 6 Tflops. I was wondering if there is a way of estimating a system flops before actually buying the parts. I cannot just go buy pc parts then measure flops, I need to find the best parts to achieve the highest possible flops.

The best parts to buy will depend on what software you will be running.
    For example some applications can take advantage of multiple CPUs & some can't.
    Some applications can take advantage of GPU acceleration & some can't.

So if you are just buying high end hardware without considering the software, you'll probably end up wasting a lot of money.

Comment

I see but I am trying to build a personal super computer using Parallel Computing Cluster. I need to know the computing power(flops) of the parts i am buying to determine best ones.

Comment

You seem to be ignoring my sage advice.

For what it is worth,
        Have a look at the Supermicro X9QRi-F+ motherboard (Quad LGA2011) and then get four of the Intel Xeon E5-2687W CPUs. This will give you 64 cores per machine. Then in each machine put a pair of GeForce GTX TITAN Blacks in it. Then replicate this configuration for each code in the cluster.

Comment

Thanks a lot mate. Don't get me wrong I truly appreciate your advice. I would love if I can discuss my idea with you online using Skype or similar voice communication. If that is possible please pm me your Skype ID.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
          X